Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Jumper

A-List Customer
Maybe doesn't warrant this long a post, but it could be a fine jacket at a good price, so here goes ...

USA-made Taylor's listed at $100 with Offer option + shipping. After I had looked at it a couple times, seller sent me an offer for $75.

Tagged size 44, but sure seems to be bigger. The seller's responses to my requests for measurements were confusing.

I requested measurements and a pic of the back. Seller sent a back pic and responded with measurements: "25.5" long 25" sleeve 26.5 pit to pit"

I asked for confirmation of the pit to pit, and sent a couple of photos as examples of pit to pit measurements. He responded, "It is more around 23 if I do not measure to the sleeve seam," and he attached the last photo below. My request and the example images I sent clearly indicated measuring the full width, so I have no idea why he remeasured this way, but judging by that photo, assuming the measuring tape starts at a similar location on the side not shown, I would guess the pit to pit to be at least 25", likely more, but I can't be sure.

I messaged the seller my guess of a 25"+ true measure, citing the images I'd sent and pointing out that it should be measured "to the sleeve seam," as he put it. His full response was "It came out to 23" when I remeasured". I tried again, once more sending an example image I marked with arrows pointing to the the beginning and end of the tape at the armpits. He never responded.

So it's a 44 that may fit bigger—maybe quite a bit bigger—and best of luck getting better information from the seller. Nice jacket for $75, though.

Taylor's 1.jpg

Taylor's 2.jpg

Taylor's 6.jpg

Taylor's 7.jpg

Zoltan

New in Town
Eastman A2 are well made jackets, generally historically correct, and nice today with their recent warhorse leather. But they cost at least 1000£ for the cheapest ones, and more than 1200 or 1300£ depending on customisation. Your jacket is not an original contract, but their "Home" A2 jacket, that was costing less than 499£ at the time, and using a midweight HH that was hard to get some aging with. The Home A2 was baggier than the Orig contracts ones. There was no inside pockets in these A2. I know that cargo pockets were added in some A2 jackets, for paras needing space for their maps, but it's always strange looking in an A2. The great thing in this Home A2 is that the leather gained some grain with wear.
Thanks for the info.

Taubers. I think this jacket has been posted here, but the seller has been putting out very fair offers.

0D92DE9B-12FC-4C09-BC70-BF4DADB9B8FA.jpeg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Wildhorses

Practically Family
The All Weather jacket will soon be for sale again, I will cancel this buy before it's shipped.
One shoulder was already looking unstitched on the auction page, and with additional pictures
it appears that the other shoulder stitching was redone by hand, a different way.
This was not mentioned, rather hidden on the auction page, not my way of doing things.

The All Weather jacket will soon be for sale again, I will cancel this buy before it's shipped.
One shoulder was already looking unstitched on the auction page, and with additional pictures
it appears that the other shoulder stitching was redone by hand, a different way.
This was not mentioned, rather hidden on the auction page, not my way of doing things.

Damn, that sucks. I was looking forward to your opinion of the jacket. The last three purchases of mine have been the same. Undisclosed and serious issues. Not cool.

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Damn, that sucks. I was looking forward to your opinion of the jacket. The last three purchases of mine have been the same. Undisclosed and serious issues. Not cool.
I could have taken the risk, but both shoulders have had issues. The seller totally understands my decision. That's life !
I discovered the brand Edgo on ebay, a HH jacket :
1649075991677.png

I could have taken the risk, but both shoulders have had issues. The seller totally understands my decision. That's life !
I discovered the brand Edgo on ebay, a HH jacket :
View attachment 415880

A wolf jacket. If that fit me I would have made an offer. That is a sweet jacket. Tops really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24