Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Extracetera's replies to negative ebay feedback are informative:

"This immature clown thought it had bought a 1939 jacket LOL how can anyone be so stupid ?? Instead of acting like a man and accepting responsibility for his immature mistake it started blaming us and crying like a silly baby. The return was accepted an immediate refund issued. Then this pathetic coward left this immature vindictive abuse. WELCOME TO EBAY, THEY REFUSE TO POLICE THEIR OWN POLICIES, EBAY ENCOURAGES AND CONDONES THE ACTIONS OF THESE VILE ANIMALS AND OFFERS NO SUPPORT TO SELLERS"

"LOL, I tried to educate this immature delinquent that it makes life so much sweeter for everyone if we always use basic social skills ( hi, please, thank you, etc) Obviously there lack of basic intelligence has led them to leave this vindictive feedback. Its sickening that that a small % of people are so ignorant. Welcome to ebay the the abuse we suffer as sellers is a complete and utter disgrace."

"The size label is correct, the measurements are correct, it just didnt fit and this is the abuse we have to suffer on a daily basis from these pathetic immature cowards. WELCOME TO EBAY WHAT A DISGUTING PLACE TO RUN A BUSINESS."

"We actually did all we could to help this person after it opened a case with paypal and ebay but due a lack of basic intelligence he could not understand this and started stamping his feet and screaming like a baby, The item was as described but it didnt look at the photos or read the ad. The return was accepted immediately regardless of this. Welcome to ebay the abuse we suffer as sellers is a complete and utter disgrace."

Last edited:
Extracetera's replies to negative ebay feedback are informative:

"This immature clown thought it had bought a 1939 jacket LOL how can anyone be so stupid ?? Instead of acting like a man and accepting responsibility for his immature mistake it started blaming us and crying like a silly baby. The return was accepted an immediate refund issued. Then this pathetic coward left this immature vindictive abuse. WELCOME TO EBAY, THEY REFUSE TO POLICE THEIR OWN POLICIES, EBAY ENCOURAGES AND CONDONES THE ACTIONS OF THESE VILE ANIMALS AND OFFERS NO SUPPORT TO SELLERS"

"LOL, I tried to educate this immature delinquent that it makes life so much sweeter for everyone if we always use basic social skills ( hi, please, thank you, etc) Obviously there lack of basic intelligence has led them to leave this vindictive feedback. Its sickening that that a small % of people are so ignorant. Welcome to ebay the the abuse we suffer as sellers is a complete and utter disgrace."

"The size label is correct, the measurements are correct, it just didnt fit and this is the abuse we have to suffer on a daily basis from these pathetic immature cowards. WELCOME TO EBAY WHAT A DISGUTING PLACE TO RUN A BUSINESS."

"We actually did all we could to help this person after it opened a case with paypal and ebay but due a lack of basic intelligence he could not understand this and started stamping his feet and screaming like a baby, The item was as described but it didnt look at the photos or read the ad. The return was accepted immediately regardless of this. Welcome to ebay the abuse we suffer as sellers is a complete and utter disgrace."

Truth be told, he's not altogether off there, neither about eBay or some of the buyers...

MojoStick

New in Town
Vtg black Horsehide Front Quarter Distressed Leather Jacket
mens S,chest 19.5”

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3045989306...TtbNFARH-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL
A907D01F-1CF1-407B-B560-0AFA964C68B8.jpeg
931D62DE-998D-4581-B8E1-FC6B122C4427.jpeg
CFEE7E81-8AE1-49DF-AC05-8642D9650DC5.jpeg

Kubatu

A-List Customer
*Insert my typical lament about tiny size*

It's quite an ugly jacket anyway. Also the seller told me it has significant mold issues. Also the seller failed to include several pictures of irreparable cracking in highly visible areas - very deceptive. I highly encourage everyone to not bid on this jacket, stay away!

Also, it's a black leather jacket, so you'll probably look like a poser.

Last edited:

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Just won this one. The price was right…

Vintage Brent Outer Wear Black Leather Jacket Zip Front Bomber Style

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2556677662...TtbNFARH-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

View attachment 444892 View attachment 444893 View attachment 444894
Nice pick up. Seems to be an early Brent. This one has a unique Crossover label where it actually has WINDWARD and BRENT on the same label and the Windward Colors in the label as a whole. I don't know about the fit for you----but you very likely got a very cool true vintage jacket for a song. Congrats!!! Report back on this one when you can!

MojoStick

New in Town
Nice pick up. Seems to be an early Brent. This one has a unique Crossover label where it actually has WINDWARD and BRENT on the same label and the Windward Colors in the label as a whole. I don't know about the fit for you----but you very likely got a very cool true vintage jacket for a song. Congrats!!! Report back on this one when you can!

I will. As for fit, fingers crossed!

Claybertrand

One Too Many
@handymike and @Marc mndt

Hey Guys, thanks for posting on your experiences visiting the RRL Vintage stores. They are very much what I thought they would be but to be able to see the places in person and have you guys report back on their jackets brings it all to life. It just reminds me of some of the higher end higher dollar vintage places in LA and SF that I have been to. Lots of cool stuff but when you are used to buying directly from Sellers or "pickers" there is bound to be some sticker shock when you see it sold at a designer retail store in a major city.

I will say that they probably have some really clean stuff and anything filthy and/or needing repair probably gets the first class treatment before they slap a $4k price on it.

I would definitely pop in if I was near one of these stores. And I'd leave empty handed ------ unless I somehow decided to shop lift on a whim.

It's quite an ugly jacket anyway. Also the seller told me it has significant mold issues. Also the seller failed to include several pictures of irreparable cracking in highly visible areas - very deceptive. I highly encourage everyone to not bid on this jacket, stay away!

Also, it's a black leather jacket, so you'll probably look like a poser.
Well that washes away all lamentation!

Don‘t know what happened, but it had 11 watchers and I was the only bidder!
You did very well! I love that cut and the hide looks incredible. Vintage battleship grade. I suspect it’s thick as concrete. That sleeve shot says it all!
Of course if for any reason it doesn’t fit, I’m merely a PM away….:)

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
@handymike and @Marc mndt

Hey Guys, thanks for posting on your experiences visiting the RRL Vintage stores. They are very much what I thought they would be but to be able to see the places in person and have you guys report back on their jackets brings it all to life. It just reminds me of some of the higher end higher dollar vintage places in LA and SF that I have been to. Lots of cool stuff but when you are used to buying directly from Sellers or "pickers" there is bound to be some sticker shock when you see it sold at a designer retail store in a major city.

I will say that they probably have some really clean stuff and anything filthy and/or needing repair probably gets the first class treatment before they slap a $4k price on it.

I would definitely pop in if I was near one of these stores. And I'd leave empty handed ------ unless I somehow decided to shop lift on a whim.

In 1979, I visited a place called War babies? In Melrose Street, Los Angeles. They had bucos and 50s HD for sale. I remember the prices were very high, somewhere around 1.5k for the coolest jackets. Purchased a Schott 184sm there. My first brand-new jacket ever. I paid $159.00. They were selling those like hot bread, LOL. In 1983, while traveling in Spain during the San Fermines, My idiot buddy left the "bear" on the back of a seat on a rental car. Rateros broke the window and took everything from the car. I specifically told my idiot buddy to stay inside the car and keep an eye on our belonging while I was getting the lodging. Sadly, that was not the only time I got my jacket stolen. Something similar happened to me in Italy. However, Not long ago, I purchase the very same model in mint condition. I paid $120.

Last edited:

EAC

One of the Regulars
Truth be told, he's not altogether off there, neither about eBay or some of the buyers...

I Agree. I have heard/read from quite a few people (Dinerman included) that ebay is particularly punishing towards sellers and some buyers can be really thick and act all entitled when the blame is actually on them (not properly checking the posted measurements/reading the description/looking at the photos). I understand that having to deal with people like this, together with ebay's fees can be really frustrating.

Of course this guy is no better than them if he overreacts like this, and even worse if he threatens people.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko