Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

In a few ways this feels as close as you can get to owning an OG Escape From New York jacket besides Thedi of course.
Actually, there was this one...
A189B85A-E473-43E9-9066-549202CDB854.jpeg
C107858F-E61C-4072-B251-6D467E522840.jpeg

40s steerhide aviator, probably a Ralphs Pugh (looks a lot like it, but it's actually not written on the label) size 40, 487$ starting bid:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1254667932...55-0&campid=5338722076&customid=&toolid=10050

View attachment 444997
View attachment 444998 View attachment 445000 View attachment 444999
This one looks just like @regius jacket. The label is a Montgomery Wards, but the design screams Ralphs-Pugh. The zipper isn't original, but they seem to have done a great job with the replacement. If it does belong to @regius, then the repair work was all done by Dena.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
This one looks just like @regius jacket. The label is a Montgomery Wards, but the design screams Ralphs-Pugh. The zipper isn't original, but they seem to have done a great job with the replacement. If it does belong to @regius, then the repair work was all done by Dena.
If it was one of OUR OWN you'd think it woulda hit the classifieds here before hitting eBay..... Perhaps the Seller thinks an auction will bring a higher price even with the sales fees.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
In 1979, I visited a place called War babies? In Melrose Street, Los Angeles. They had bucos and 50s HD for sale. I remember the prices were very high, somewhere around 1.5k for the coolest jackets. Purchased a Schott 184sm there. My first brand-new jacket ever. I paid $159.00. They were selling those like hot bread, LOL. In 1983, while traveling in Spain during the San Fermines, My idiot buddy left the "bear" on the back of a seat on a rental car. Rateros broke the window and took everything from the car. I specifically told my idiot buddy to stay inside the car and keep an eye on our belonging while I was getting the lodging. Sadly, that was not the only time I got my jacket stolen. Something similar happened to me in Italy. However, Not long ago, I purchase the very same model in mint condition. I paid $120.
JUSTICE was done in the end!!!

Yes Melrose is probably still one of the LA hot spots. I remember Buffalo Exchange and Aardvarks among many others up there. As a guy who was a ThriftStore addict, I was always very turned off by the higher end stores. I LOVED their stuff but shuddered at their prices. This was back when you could still pull really cool vintage at a ThriftStore. I was not buying leather back then. Sounds like the prices were high even back in 1979.

Having something stolen is such a helpless feeling especially when its something cool. And its an extra kick in the nuts when you are travelling. Having been a victim myself I can't tell you how many times I have dreamt of catching the person in the act of stealing from me. I would go to jail for murder I swear. The perpetrators family would be receiving his/her random body parts for the rest of my life or until I could no longer afford postage.

Then again, you landed on your feet quite well after all so just trusting Karma is probably the most sensible route to take.

Jumper

A-List Customer
Knits and lining needing some love, but here's a Californian I haven't seen before for $50 plus shipping.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l16001.jpg

Did you see the wrist openings? I was looking at the jacket as well. But I do not feel strongly about it.

I’ve been avoiding looking at the jacket. Based on what you say I will check it out. It better be bad or I will be very put out.

Edit:: The super duper taper? Cool, that definitely won’t work for me. Gracias compadre.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Old Hercules in Small size....... NOT an A-2-----Fairly beat up and needing some stitching on the waist band knits.

To me---what is interesting is the main zipper which is an odd Crown I have not seen before. Namely the pull..... Looks like a pull closer to the C&C zippers than the old original Crowns. From a distance not seeing the track it looks like a #10 Talon. The track is unmistakably Crown........ Interesting....

1660699800406.png

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Seems like the link is the wrong
Instant buy if it were my size. Be aware, sleeves are shortened.
I noticed that too and made an offer. A little bit wide for me shoulder wise.

My counteroffer accepted. Paid and waiting for shipment.

Last edited:

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch