Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Viking752

Practically Family
1200 listed price? When was it? I would be surprised if they did charge that much as it would have cost as much as a LW J-23 back then. I remember seeing them on Legendary in 2015 at much lower price like $600 or so.
D8A1B381-25B1-4A92-A4E6-A835F4259B7E.png

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
^^ When I was trying to dig up info on these, I do recall seeing it priced much lower during a close out on off sizes or such. I can’t seem to find that now.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think they reset the price after the jacket were sold out. The jacket was long sold out as they have not had a restock since 2015 or so. It definitely wasn't $1200 when they came out in 2014 or earlier. The brown one was $400 during clearance some years back.
The black one was selling at $600 or so at regular price. I was looking at it back when all sizes were available except the one I want a size 36. I wonder if they have ever made a size 36 anyway.
Come to think of it, it was before 2015 as I had wanted to buy this more affordable Buco repro but since they did not have a size 36, I had to go for a LW and a RM in 2014.

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I bought a Black stallion earlier this year off the bay, was not inexpensive but I believe well worth what I paid. Legendary USA had it listed for $1200 when they came out and from what I have heard they will not make it again. Schott NYC built these jackets for them.

These jackets don’t come up for sale very often and seem to have a lot of interest so when they do I try to post them here.
I'm kicking myself for not buying one when they were on clearance for $250...

Viking752

Practically Family
I think they reset the price after the jacket were sold out. The jacket was long sold out as they have not had a restock since 2015 or so. It definitely wasn't $1200 when they came out in 2014 or earlier. The brown one was $400 during clearance some years back.
The black one was selling at $600 or so at regular price. I was looking at it back when all sizes were available except the one I want a size 36. I wonder if they have ever made a size 36 anyway.
Come to think of it, it was before 2015 as I had wanted to buy this more affordable Buco repro but since they did not have a size 36, I had to go for a LW and a RM in 2014.
I have only seen one photo of the Wild Stallion/brown one. That one looks nice as well and would be very interested if I ever find one in my size.

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
Sounds like you are pretty familiar with the jacket’s pricing history. I offer no further input, haha, other than it is a beautiful jacket. Hopefully the winning bidder gets a good deal and is happy for years to come.

Blackadder

I have a Schott 611H, production date 1995. The jacket is average in craftsmanship and I do like the type of HH probably Korean import. For the price and fit, it is clearly a sub 1k jacket. Value wise is ok. Here is a link to one: https://www.schottnyc.com/forum/posts/fs_rare_schott_611h_dpocket_horsehide_size_36.htm
I believe the Stallion's HH is the same as my 1928H (mine is produced around the same time as the Stallion), a successor of 611H with a shinny coat and unlike your 90s 611H.

Viking752

Practically Family
I have a Schott 611H, production date 1995. The jacket is average in craftsmanship and I do like the type of HH probably Korean import. For the price and fit, it is clearly a sub 1k jacket. Value wise is ok. Here is a link to one: https://www.schottnyc.com/forum/posts/fs_rare_schott_611h_dpocket_horsehide_size_36.htm
When I was researching the Black Stallion I used the Schott forum and other sources for some intel. Mine was built in 2012 and the HH came from what I understand to be an Italian tannery.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I believe the Stallion's HH is the same as my 1928H (mine is produced around the same time as the Stallion), a successor of 611H with a shinny coat and unlike your 90s 611H.
I had all three. The leather in the 1928H is unlike the 611h or the Black Stallion. Currently, I just have the 611H.
It does not make sense to me; Scott is going to use the same hide for a top of the limited 300 production run jacket, as a run-of-the-mill jacket production like the black stallion. I paid $550 for a new stallion. However, we know it could be had for less than 300 delivered (CONUS). My last post on this.

Blackadder

I had all three. The leather in the 1928H is unlike the 611h or the Black Stallion. Currently, I just have the 611H.
It does not make sense to me; Scott is going to use the same hide for a top of the limited 300 production run jacket, as a run-of-the-mill jacket production like the black stallion. I paid $550 for a new stallion. However, we know it could be had for less than 300 delivered (CONUS). My last post on this.
AFAIK, Legendary USA somehow acquired the right to use Beck label and have Schott reproduced a batch of Beck models including the 333 using the Beck label i.e. a 611H or 1928H with an actual Beck label. They then turned to Buco but they were unable to use the Buco label so they call it the Black Stallion. So these models are IMO not realy run of the mill. It has however been almost 20 years so Schott would likely have changed the leather or even the leather suppliers.
There have been many batches of the 1928H. The one I have is for the Japanese market. The 1928H was a regular model for the Japanese market but not the rest of the world.
These Legendary USA Schott use some plasticky leather
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/legendary-usa-x-schott-horsehide-motorcycle-jacket.102051/
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fs-schott-legendary-beck-333-d-pocket-sz-48.102209/
So does the Japanese regular 1928H
http://www.jalana.co.jp/schott/1928h-blk/index.html#s
https://japamart.com/yahoo_auction/item_yahoo_auction.php?itemcode=s833393613

Last edited:

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
^^ I also found a d pocket Hercules in a rural thrift store a couple years ago. Really nice condition, I think I paid $55 for it. Sometimes you get really lucky, but usually it’s run of the mill jackets to be found. There is an article online somewhere about a fellow who thrifted a like new Himel for $40. This keeps me up at night..

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
It looks like the real to me. I have seen nice, clean hardware on bucos's before. It is hard to believe that such condition jackets exit. However, we have seen some nicer buco's in this forum before. Personally, I have not seen much, but they do show up once in a while. The seller knows exactly what he has. The size is a plus for me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ