Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

TSW

Familiar Face
I have a Kerr jacket that is fantastic for colder weather rides. The leather is quite thick and the jacket is very well made.

Attachments

• P1130232.JPG
    P1130232.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 88

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
There are certainly the wear everyday leather jackets I own and do whatever in. The motorcycle riding, out to dinner , pub crawling ones. Then there are the “I am crawling around a skid steer loader or John Deere tractor” leather work jackets. Changing fluids, tires etc. Which this one would be.

for me there is a distinction between my $1100 Schott Perfecto and a sacrafice $75 eBay find. I know the Kerr brand has been discussed a little on this forum and just want a bit more information for my own curiosity.

I owned one very similar to the one you listed.

I found the leather to be very simlar to Fox Creek - and kind of "spongy" of feel. "Naked cownhide" i believe is the term. Otherwise it was nice but too large overall for me so I moved it along.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I bought a 1940's police motorcycle jacket in a similar condition for 70 GBP in a style I've only seen twice in my life & eventually, it ended up in a garbage bag. Couldn't even be bothered salvaging the hardware which was okay.
These things can get so disgusting that any idea of a restoration appears unfathomable and this one seems way beyond that.

I will buy that in a heartbeat. Even if it can not be repair, there are so many things I can do with that jacket. However, I think that jacket can be restore. If you have time, It would be a great sample to make the patterns. Personally, I am a fan of this model. If I had the original, I probably plunge to make my first jacket and jump in to reproducing it. Knowing my self I truly do not need another hobby.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
My search for a leather , I don’t care if it gets beat up “work” jacket continues. This Kerr Leathers is in my size and cost category. I did a general search for this brand and read a few things, any other real world experience to share? Leather appears nice and weighty At least by photo standards.

View attachment 480460 View attachment 480461

The company was created by a gent who sells his products at motorcycle meets. I actually met him. I had some of his very durable high quality products. Currently, I have several chaps and vests from them.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
The company was created by a gent who sells his products at motorcycle meets. I actually met him. I had some of his very durable high quality products. Currently, I have several chaps and vests from them.
I believe Hugh Kerr ----- the founder/maker of these jackets was found dead in a jail cell under somewhat mysterious circumstances. I believe he was born in the UK. I COULD be mistaken but I believe this is the guy.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/man-dies-in-cell-at-salem-police-hq/140843644/

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I believe Hugh Kerr ----- the founder/maker of these jackets was found dead in a jail cell under somewhat mysterious circumstances. I believe he was born in the UK. I COULD be mistaken but I believe this is the guy.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/man-dies-in-cell-at-salem-police-hq/140843644/

I think that I might of confused the owners. The Latino older gent who owned the company is actually from the TRD label. Which I think also sells similar products. I own one or two pieces of these fine practical brands: TRD,Kerr, US MADE Co. Middleton,fox creek and others. I believe that they are similar in leather quality. You got to love those Buffulo/Native American nickle button garments.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Buco J-24 in size 48 for auction
i-img900x1200-1673534046xrbh9i27811.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points