Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Claybertrand

One Too Many
These Wool generic--non decorated "Letterman/Varsity" style jackets are growing on me.........I am going to get one if I ever encounter one in my size. I like this one...... a Medium with Leather trim........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955573831...+|tkp:Bk9SR8rsspm2YQ&LH_ItemCondition=3000|10

1673722113221.png

roadking04

Practically Family
I do not think I ever wrote that TRD was affiliated with with any company. I did not even ever remember writing about Natel. I only wrote that the leather was very similar to other companies.
Sorry about that photo2u. I apologize sir. I misread/misunderstood your post. I get a kick out of seeing my local leather shop on a worldwide leather jacket forum. LOL. I got overly excited. lol.

On a side note, I hope TRD is still in business. I haven't been by their shop in quite some time.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I would HIGHLY doubt TRD leather is affiliated with Kerr/WD/Natel leather in any way. TRD is a small leather shop in Cleveland Ohio. @Guppy would know way more about this subject. I believe he is familiar with all those makers and was doing research on them.
TRD (The Real Deal) is Cleveland based, still in business last I checked. I think the owner is of Mexican heritage, but I think he's also part native American.

Natal, Natel were apparently in Massachusetts. I don't know when they ceased operations, or why the two spellings of their name, or if they were two businesses or one.

Walter Dyer had the same exact leather and patterns that Natal/Natel were known for, and some others aside. I think Walter Dyer went out of business in 2017 or so.

I've only heard of Kerr through these forums, but they too look very similar to Natal, if not exactly the same. I have yet to see a Kerr in person.

roadking04

Practically Family
Thanks for the info Guppy. I totally messed up photos post. lol. I got too excited when I seen TRD. LOL.

Glad to hear they are still going. I havent been that way in quite some time. Sometimes I wonder if they would do a custom job with some nice leather. Maybe someday.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Sorry about that photo2u. I apologize sir. I misread/misunderstood your post. I get a kick out of seeing my local leather shop on a worldwide leather jacket forum. LOL. I got overly excited. lol.

On a side note, I hope TRD is still in business. I haven't been by their shop in quite some time.
Please no worries. I respect you, sir. I think I own one of your former jackets. Buco j23 in tan? One of my keepers.
Regarding The Real Deal, I truly hope that he is still in business. I wonder if his son will take over his business. Whenever I can, I will support our American businesses.
When I ride into Mexico, I often take those biker jacket vests and chaps because my friends love them. To me, the nickels are so very cool. I often take extras to share with my friends. They truly appreciate American quality.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
I hope you reported that to ebay, for whatever good it might do. Hopefully ebay charges him final value and listing fees on the canceled sale.
Yea, I did. They probably don't give a F. I know you can relate guppy. Imagine buying the 113 context on bin for a steal.....an then it gets canceled. Glad that wasn't the case brother, enjoy Yours!

roadking04

Practically Family
Please no worries. I respect you, sir. I think I own one of your former jackets. Buco j23 in tan? One of my keepers.
Regarding The Real Deal, I truly hope that he is still in business. I wonder if his son will take over his business. Whenever I can, I will support our American businesses.
When I ride into Mexico, I often take those biker jacket vests and chaps because my friends love them. To me, the nickels are so very cool. I often take extras to share with my friends. They truly appreciate American quality.
I did a LITTLE and I stress little digging last night on TRD. As with most other jacket makers, their website it worthless (even worse than JL's). I checked their social media accounts, and it looks like nothing has been updated in a year or so. Then I read some local reviews, someone gave them a review about three weeks ago according to google maps. I should just get off my arse and go check them out. Maybe I will swing by in the summer and get a vest and do some snooping around.

I think their quality is hit or miss. I know they had a jacket on the wall that looked like it was 10+ pounds. Their styles had a heavy Native American influence to it.

I think I own one of your former jackets. Buco j23 in tan? One of my keepers.
You have me mixed up with someone else. I am yet to sell a jacket. LOL. And I must add, you have a very nice collection of motorcycle jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider