Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Yea, I did. They probably don't give a F. I know you can relate guppy. Imagine buying the 113 context on bin for a steal.....an then it gets canceled. Glad that wasn't the case brother, enjoy Yours!
I've had two too good to be true sales fall through, so I do know what it's like. A new Aero Half-belt for $235, supposedly sold in person at a physical store before I bought it on eBay, and an Aero Thunder Bay that went for opening bid, and then the seller decided that his son wanted it so he canceled the sale. Ebay didn't do anything to enforce the sale as far as I know. It still bothers me. Obviously these were crazy deals for the sellers but they're the ones who listed them.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Smallish --- prolly a 38 Taubers CZ with a reasonable opening bid. Gold Talon hardware

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955590331...QGbS|tkp:Bk9SR8CUweu2YQ&LH_ItemCondition=4|10

1673808419872.png

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had forgotten that YSL did an Indian Ranger repro. It's interesting that they went in on most of the details, except of course keeping their signature zippers.

The Margiela one is more impressive, if arguably less creative, because that one was a fashion house doing an exact repro of the Indian Ranger, just in luxe materials.

In case you didn’t see it, a Margiela IR is for sale on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164960701652?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=s5dYEzLtQky&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=qCJi9omFSVa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Too small for me but I dare say that's not badly priced for what it is. $1600 for a luxury fashion house's direct repro of an off-the-beaten path* classic is significantly more interesting than yet another RMC Buco or something.

In contrast to the standard SLP moto being a mishmash of Schott and Lewis with worse proportions than either.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
I've had two too good to be true sales fall through, so I do know what it's like. A new Aero Half-belt for $235, supposedly sold in person at a physical store before I bought it on eBay, and an Aero Thunder Bay that went for opening bid, and then the seller decided that his son wanted it so he canceled the sale. Ebay didn't do anything to enforce the sale as far as I know. It still bothers me. Obviously these were crazy deals for the sellers but they're the ones who listed them.
From now on, its not a win until it ships!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner