Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Can anyone tell if this in an official Schott or a knock off?

https://bit.ly/3Wcc7u5

s-l1600.jpg

Looks legit to me. Belt has been cut off?

F00F44A3-2124-4461-864E-0B09ADC6475B.jpeg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
This jacket has a cool and unique look for sure. I'm a sucker for nice hardware........ But the care label is funny to me. FIrst off, ok I guess someone in the world is stupid enough to try to (machine) WASH a jacket like this because---its a big world. Then it gets weirder........ Do Not BREACH........... Ok......... pretty sure this word is easy to find as far as spelling but Ok Ok..... if I buy it I WILL NOT Breach it. Do not IRON!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!!???? Alright......WHAT???????? Is this a joke??? This seems like some condescending type of tongue in cheek message that would be in a Lost Worlds piece!!! SO I should NOT Iron my Horsehide jacket then?????? Man this label is GIVING US PEARLS here!!!!!!

1673980778043.png

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Then it gets weirder........ Do Not BREACH........... Ok......... pretty sure this word is easy to find as far as spelling but Ok Ok..... if I buy it I WILL NOT Breach it. Do not IRON!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!!???? Alright......WHAT???????? Is this a joke??? This seems like some condescending type of tongue in cheek message that would be in a Lost Worlds piece!!!

You're overthinking things. There's no L sound in Japanese, so it becomes an r.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
You're overthinking things. There's no L sound in Japanese, so it becomes an r.
Yes am aware. There are also translation applications on every modern computing device known to man. Which I always think is weird when I see Japanese listings in the Japanese pronunciation of English words (BANSON for example) instead of just looking up the actual English spelling---or using a translation app. All you have to do is go to the Vanson webpage to see the spelling for example.

If I were marketing something in Japan----I would defer to Japanese dictionaries and translation programs if I could not find a native speaker to advise the process. I would not try to phonetically replicate my non native pronunciation of Japanese words for my commercial purposes.

Then there is the DO NOT IRON.........

This is all tongue in cheek mind you...... not some scathing criticism

This jacket has a cool and unique look for sure. I'm a sucker for nice hardware........ But the care label is funny to me. FIrst off, ok I guess someone in the world is stupid enough to try to (machine) WASH a jacket like this because---its a big world. Then it gets weirder........ Do Not BREACH........... Ok......... pretty sure this word is easy to find as far as spelling but Ok Ok..... if I buy it I WILL NOT Breach it. Do not IRON!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!!???? Alright......WHAT???????? Is this a joke??? This seems like some condescending type of tongue in cheek message that would be in a Lost Worlds piece!!! SO I should NOT Iron my Horsehide jacket then?????? Man this label is GIVING US PEARLS here!!!!!!

View attachment 481574
They forgot the most important one!
DO NOT BUY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21