Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
Better be under 5'4"....
Bottom of collar to hem: 22.25
451E552B-83D4-4DDE-99F9-734A48F0032F.jpeg

Mens trousers were worn at the natural waist, not the hips. I like actually prefer this than pants at the hip. The way suits are tailored now you can see shirt material winking out from under a buttoned jacket. It never looks right

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If it was larger I would have to break my non-buying jacket streek It would hang next to my cream J-100

edit: I believe the word is out so we will not see it being listed here in 6 months for $1,600

Last edited:

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Jasonissm

Practically Family

Pretty good condition and price Mid Western Sport Togs

i-img1200x1200-1673064798cxxyqj636268.jpg

Last edited:

Bad Guitarist

Familiar Face
If you are bored, do this, it's kind of fun:
https://www.firstmfg.com/products/custom-mc-jacket-mens

I'm not sure what the quality of these is like but they offer a platinum package which upgrades the leather to 3.75oz. I imagine the stock leather is probably flimsy.
View attachment 480344
View attachment 480343
"not sure what the quality of these is like..."

When these First brand and other import jackets first appeared on the market in the late 80s or early 90s I was shocked that so many people were buying these, when they could have one of the moderately priced US names (Fidelity, Lesco etc) that were so much better for just a few dollars more.
The hides felt like shit, stitching was sloppy, the fit was just not great.

But after eBaying one of their newer sport riding coats at a ridiculously low price for a Harley Davidson/Marlboro Man style project a while ago, I must admit that they've come a long way. Pretty nice stitching, good riding position fit, although the leather is still cheapish and over processed.

"not sure what the quality of these is like..."

When these First brand and other import jackets first appeared on the market in the late 80s or early 90s I was shocked that so many people were buying these, when they could have one of the moderately priced US names (Fidelity, Lesco etc) that were so much better for just a few dollars more.
The hides felt like shit, stitching was sloppy, the fit was just not great.

But after eBaying one of their newer sport riding coats at a ridiculously low price for a Harley Davidson/Marlboro Man style project a while ago, I must admit that they've come a long way. Pretty nice stitching, good riding position fit, although the leather is still cheapish and over processed.
Yeah I assumed about as much. One thing they do offer that genuinely intrigues me is the 20oz canvas mechanics jacket. It’s out of stock now but I may grab one next go round.

Bad Guitarist

Familiar Face
Not really a deal. I've never seen a Walter DYer in this color combination. Brown/black Walter Dyer Size 48. Pit-to-pit = 24". https://poshmark.com/listing/Rare-W...orcycle-Jacket-48-US-63bc74dc81078aa2c07cbb9d

View attachment 482809
Would run into WD at a motorcycle events back in the day. Walter was... a little different, more of an artist type than a businessman. He would be willing to experiment and try different things.
I've seen quite a few of his jackets in multiple colors, although not this style.
It's definitely interesting, kinda like it, but don't know that I'd buy it.
The right person will probably fall in love with it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ