Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Not sure this is a deal for $500, but it looks neat.

m_wp_63d14db081078a74d75740d2.webp

Schambach

Practically Family
My Chopper is a custom 43ish. I’ve never tried a Chopper with Vanson’s S-M-L sizing. I’m M/L so I tend to avoid Vanson jackets sized this way. The L would be what I would choose though. I bet it would still work for me and I could actually use the jacket for mild winter riding.
I bought a "L" chopper a couple months back, I'm generally a 44 for Vanson stuff and it's on the smaller side. Works, but just barely.

Al 916

One Too Many
No sir, I have a Chopper and an inbound Vanson Cycle King. I’m good…for now.

I was thinking out loud to help photo.
I did think that your Octagon is pretty much unbeatable!

If it helps at all ....if it was in Europe I would be looking at it quite seriously (@photo2u )

I did think that your Octagon is pretty much unbeatable!

If it helps at all ....if it was in Europe I would be looking at it quite seriously (@photo2u )

I do like the octagon Chopper. Got lucky with the batch for sure.

Photo is the proud owner of more than a few jackets and vests I used to own. Ha. I recently inquired about one and he told me to beat feet in the most gentlemanly way.

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
I have been wanting a good quality car coat. I currently own an Aero A2, Eastman A2, and a G & B G1. I have especially admired the Himel Brothers Canuck. Loved the styling but didn't want to lay out that much money for a coat. Also looked at Aero and Simmons similar styles as well as others. I was looking on ebay and found this Schott car coat. It is from the late 90s as far as I know. The styling was exactly what I wanted and the coat was located close to where I live. The jacket appeared to be in mint condition, dark brown cowhide in size 42. By the measurements provided I thought it would fit but was unsure.I am 6ft tall and 185 lbs.
20230126_082309.jpg
20230126_082243.jpg
20230126_082152.jpg
20230126_082034.jpg
I offered $250 Canadian for it and he accepted my offer. Recieved the jacket today and am very pleased that it fits me nicely. The jacket looks almost mint condition. Shows no wear at all. The cowhide is substantial and beautiful, the lining looks brand new. Perfect for cooler weather. I feel like I got a very high quality coat without the huge price tag. The pictures are of it right out of the box. Im going to give the leather a good conditioning.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ