Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
The Big Lebowski:
Are you employed, sir?

The Dude:
Employed?

The Big Lebowski:
You don't go out looking for a job dressed like that? On a weekday?

The Dude:
Is this a... what day is this?

The Big Lebowski:
Well, I do work sir, so if you don't mind...

The Dude:
I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man.

Kerr 52, $70 obo

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1256461285...CJi9omFSVa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
BC884B4B-886F-477E-9D62-0AB4445B5FA1.jpeg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I bumped into a "mall" brand from New York that seemed to push out some nicer-quality jackets as well. I found this one on ebay while looking to price one I picked up at an Estate sale locally. This is a Medium, similar to the one I bought and will be selling (short sleeves to me). I thought the design looked pretty cool...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184513382193?

1674950771612.png

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
We'll find out soon enough.

I hit BIN.

This is a near-twin to a US-Made CR I owned for a few years back in the early 2000's. That one was a two tone, black & brown. Really one of the heaviest, most comfortable CR's I have ever seen, so I'll be very excited when this shows up!

Nice!! I really considered it. Looks stout.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Nice!! I really considered it. Looks stout.
JMax - I really appreciate the posting of this jacket.

I've had a hankering for either a more "CHP-type" cross-zip or a nice, thick Cafe Racer for a while now. This should satisfy that "need". :)

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
We'll find out soon enough.

I hit BIN.

This is a near-twin to a US-Made CR I owned for a few years back in the early 2000's. That one was a two tone, black & brown. Really one of the heaviest, most comfortable CR's I have ever seen, so I'll be very excited when this shows up!
Thanks for removing my temptation. This leather looks like it's on par with the stuff that my long-lost TRD motorcycle jacket was made from. I wonder who made this one. Based on the snaps, I would guess maybe it's a US Manufacturing Co. jacket, but there's no brand info in the listing. US Manufacturing was another Massachusetts maker that doesn't exist any more, and based on this leather I wonder if they weren't sourcing from the same tannery that Natal/Natel/Walter Dyer/Kerr were getting their material...

Bluechel

Practically Family
Thanks for removing my temptation. This leather looks like it's on par with the stuff that my long-lost TRD motorcycle jacket was made from. I wonder who made this one. Based on the snaps, I would guess maybe it's a US Manufacturing Co. jacket, but there's no brand info in the listing. US Manufacturing was another Massachusetts maker that doesn't exist any more, and based on this leather I wonder if they weren't sourcing from the same tannery that Natal/Natel/Walter Dyer/Kerr were getting their material...
Agreed! The Natal Kerr etc. mystery is on it’s way to being solved!
22C6E078-0366-46C5-9609-C35334BFA7C2.jpeg

Jasonissm

Practically Family

Untagged earlier Sears Hercules? Pretty good condition and price. i-img1200x1200-1673324595sslopq749670.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ