Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
J24 in a 46? You better not treat me like a potted plant. Lol.
Here's mine :D

C20C66B6-D87B-46E9-AB06-1B267C1CCC34.jpeg
6EEC4E96-7215-4427-B7DF-2881409385D9.jpeg

And vintage 46 isn't all that big

543C829B-9BD4-4D6A-92B2-93B15CF0E0C0.jpeg

How lucky do you have to get to score a jacket like this. Here I am sifting through the horrendously overpriced stinking rags on ebay.
Insanely lucky for Marc. If I recall that jacket was in Europe. I don’t see a whole lot of vintage leathers worth mentioning coming from Europe (at least not on the usual auction sites).
UK being the occasional exception. But the current EU is pretty much a desert for American vintage.
Truth be told the vintage leather market on the whole seems to be slowing down. My usual searches are not bearing any fruit and I’ve made poor impulsive decisions as a result.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
First, how and when did you get that? Love it! Yours look better than mine. The original zips and high dome bars look perfect. True time machine find. Now, this is the second size 46 I ever have seen. I need to get out more. Just one more question, I see the left chest pocket zipper is a conmar. Which brand name are the zips on your hand warmer/map pockets? Mine is Conmar.

Last edited:

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First, how and when did you get that? Love it! Yours look better than mine. The original zips and high dome bars look perfect. True time machine find. Now, this is the second size 46 I ever have seen. I need to get out more. Just one more question, I see the left chest pocket zipper is a conmar. Which brand name are the zips on your hand warmer/map pockets? Mine is Conmar.
size 46 J24s are around, mine has the wool lining and came with a mutton collar that I lost during a move 10 years ago. It is pretty mint. I purchased it on eBay while I was in Tucson visiting my son in college using the hotel computer. The seller was also in Tucson.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/five-bucos.105137/

@Monitor If I remember size 50 Euro is about size 40 US. Would you mind asking the seller for measurements and posting? I like this jacket and would like to buy it if the size works. I am thinking it is too small.

Gladly & happily of course but it would be better if one of the Austria based members help you out since I am far from fluent in German. @MrProper has always been there for me when it comes to Willhaben and I'm sure he could step in for you. I can proxy the jacket for you though, if the size works out.

Size 50 EU is equivalent to a size 40 US in general, correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch