Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Incredible jacket! check out the details on this Armadrake:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266289136540
7E3357D4-AF28-4613-ABDA-2C28F1FF03C3.jpeg
AE44EB4A-2CC8-4072-804A-7945293DA702.jpeg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
What do you mean? Cross-zip jackets have the same overlapping closure.
I just looked at my small collection of cross zips and you are correct. There is some overlapping. To me it doesn't seem as pronounced as with double breasted suits or peacoats though. Not on the few I have. I mean, technically pretty much EVERY jacket that has an inner flap behind the zipper track on the pull side "overlaps" to a degree if you wanna count that. With cross zips, the inner flap on the zipper side is larger than the inner flap on the zipper side of a straight zip jacket for sure. I feel like with my double breasted suit jackets, the overlap is almost total because you are using the buttons on the opposite side.

I am not a big cross zip collector. The jackets I DO have in that style are not super vintage so in my jackets, the overlap is not substantial and its really mostly overlapping in the upper chest. Versus full double breasted types of jackets
1688408705886.png

1688408955337.png

I see vintage cross zip jackets that do have a much more substantial overlap and of course, then you have FULL DOUBLE BREASTED buttoned jackets like the one above. This is what comes to my mind when I think of double breasted. To me, its not merely the overlap or the degree of overlap---its the whole style of Double Breasted jackets that sets them apart with the two vertical rows of buttons etc. I can certainly see though where---lacking any existing term to categorize these jackets---they were/are termed Double Riders in Japan. I can't say where the line is that makes a jacket cross into DOUBLE BREASTED STATUS but I can see why they may use that Double Rider term.

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
Just found this used but not abused Pegasus Luftwaffe on ebay. It looks like this is predates their switch to Shinki, so it's most likely their softer horsehide with the topcoat that "chips" . If this was in my size, for 200 euros i'd be all over it. I have one of their D pocket jackets in brown shinki, and it's my favorite jacket I've ever owned.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2246348863...rentrq:1d21c01d1890ab9e876fe584fffd881a|iid:1

mvilla

A-List Customer
Just found this used but not abused Pegasus Luftwaffe on ebay. It looks like this is predates their switch to Shinki, so it's most likely their softer horsehide with the topcoat that "chips" . If this was in my size, for 200 euros i'd be all over it. I have one of their D pocket jackets in brown shinki, and it's my favorite jacket I've ever owned.

View attachment 530082

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224634886394?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=777008&algo=PERSONAL.TOPIC&ao=1&asc=20220705100511&meid=4e79149f2a8c4dd4964d93d195d26a97&pid=101524&rk=1&rkt=1&itm=224634886394&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2380057&algv=RecentlyViewedItemsV2&brand=Pegasus&_trksid=p2380057.c101524.m146925&_trkparms=pageci:09f50e13-19d4-11ee-998d-e2ec9f523dce|parentrq:1d21c01d1890ab9e876fe584fffd881a|iid:1
Looks like the sleeves were shortened... I don't know why the description of the jacket is showing to me in German when my ebay theoretically translates to English and the seller is from Portugal! Nothing makes sense lol

calvin006

New in Town
I was watching that one as it looked like a perfect fit for me. But $5k? Wow.

There was no label on it, at least not pictured. Is that typical with Leathertogs?

jeo

One Too Many
I was watching that one as it looked like a perfect fit for me. But $5k? Wow.

There was no label on it, at least not pictured. Is that typical with Leathertogs?

Was also watching it. Didn't even bother bidding.

$5ks seems about right for this jacket being that is was not in great condition, all zippers replaced, no label. This jacket in good condition in a larger size with a label is easily a $10k jacket.

To my knowledge all LTs had labels.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Was also watching it. Didn't even bother bidding.

$5ks seems about right for this jacket being that is was not in great condition, all zippers replaced, no label. This jacket in good condition in a larger size with a label is easily a $10k jacket.

Whoa! I would have lost the "guess the price" pool.....

Reactions: jeo

calvin006

New in Town

For that "collector's item" kind of money, I'd think you'd want to ensure it was the real deal with a label.

I imagine there could have been other makers doing this style, so how do you know what you have without a label?

jeo

One Too Many
For that "collector's item" kind of money, I'd think you'd want to ensure it was the real deal with a label.

I imagine there could have been other makers doing this style, so how do you know what you have without a label?

Any collector worth their salt would know exactly what they are looking at.

Manufacturers have tell tale signs including Leathertogs. The design, the construction method, the lining, the hardware etc... this jacket had it all and was without a shadow of a doubt an original Leathertogs jacket even if it didn't have the label.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24