Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Bluechel

Practically Family
This has been listed prior - quite large size (like XXXL) and 29" long sleeves - but the big thing I remember was that someone omitted the sleeve zippers...?!?!

View attachment 541310
Yes, this seller clearly bought some kind of large lot of unusual or unsold NOS from the 1990's. I've purchased two of these (size 50-52) from him, the jackets are in superb condition. The leather is tremendous but you have to do some things...like add zippers!

AHP91

Practically Family
Price was pretty darn high I thought, but one of the nicer looking ones I've seen.

I don’t know. What are you gonna do, wait for another one like that to save yourself 100 bucks? Jacket was clean, one of the nicest looking of any I’ve seen in a while (I’m partial to that style). Original collar in great condition.

Etsy seller has a Ralphs Pugh listed for 1,650 and condition is not as good as the photos. The only thing the seller knows about the jacket is that it’s a 40s jacket in pretty good condition. Informed me that “it’s in a rare black color”. Pricing is tough when groceries are high

On second thought - I actually believe it was both a find and a deal

Last edited:

Bluechel

Practically Family
I don’t know. What are you gonna do, wait for another one like that to save yourself 100 bucks? Jacket was clean, one of the nicest looking of any I’ve seen in a while (I’m partial to that style). Original collar in great condition.

Etsy seller has a Ralphs Pugh listed for 1,650 and condition is not as good as the photos. The only thing the seller knows about the jacket is that it’s a 40s jacket in pretty good condition. Informed me that “it’s in a rare black color”. Pricing is tough when groceries are high
Totally agree, money is replaceable, the objects of our desire (stuff) may not ever be. Maybe I'll make that my signature slogan. It is definitely true.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Is this worth fixing? https://www.ebay.com/itm/2663733790...%2BAYKzZIJNVEQ%3D%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675
mw.jpg
MW2.jpg

Bluechel

Practically Family
Didn’t intend this this to be funny @Bluechel what am I misunderstanding?
Sorry that's not meant personally at all! That's priced like a Gold label with original faux collar, and it's not even an M/C Orchard version so I was chuckling (just a bit) at the price. No disrespect at all. Doesn't even have the zip-in liner. Prices on this particular era/version is usually $150-175.

KBlake

One Too Many
Sorry that's not meant personally at all! That's priced like a Gold label with original faux collar, and it's not even an M/C Orchard version so I was chuckling (just a bit) at the price. No disrespect at all. Doesn't even have the zip-in liner. Prices on this particular era/version is usually $150-175.
Ah yeah I thought the price might be a bit steep. I’m not as knowledgable about jacket value as lots of folks here. This is a great place to learn!

Bluechel

Practically Family
Ah yeah I thought the price might be a bit steep. I’m not as knowledgable about jacket value as lots of folks here. This is a great place to learn!
Believe me I’m still learning! I’m a total newb myself but I spend an embarrassing amount of time steeped in the USA Leather Jacket world. Kind of embarrassing but just nutty about certain brands! In hindsight, I could’ve done a better job of commenting. Sorry again. Really love certain Branded Garments! But this is definitely one with a varied history and a big wide range of quality and beauty and perhaps it’s always good to be able to discuss.

KBlake

One Too Many
Believe me I’m still learning! I’m a total newb myself but I spend an embarrassing amount of time steeped in the USA Leather Jacket world. Kind of embarrassing but just nutty about certain brands! In hindsight, I could’ve done a better job of commenting. Sorry again. Really love certain Branded Garments! But this is definitely one with a varied history and a big wide range of quality and beauty and perhaps it’s always good to be able to discuss.
Which brands are you most into?

Bluechel

Practically Family
I have collected Vanson, Branded, Natal, Golden Bear, some Schott, Cal…singles on some others like Aero, Langlitz etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy