Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

jeo

One Too Many
This is an incredible Grizzly jacket IMO. Too small for me, but maybe for the smaller guys on here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155853583247?hash=item244998f38f:g:6VIAAOSwY1llO6Ke
Looks like a cheap knockoff.

Same seller also has this…:rolleyes:

IMG_4299.jpeg

1337h4cker

New in Town
s-l1600.png

s-l1600.jpg

Does anyone know anything about 'Jack Anthony's Leathers' from Peabody MA?

I pulled the trigger on this jacket because it appeared to be fairly high quality and in good condition from the photos, but I can't find jack shit on this company. Reminds me a bit of a Vanson jacket with the brass hardware.
Haven't received it yet but may add more photos once it gets here. Any input? Think I got a decent deal on it? only thing that looks a little weird to me is how the sleeves wrinkle at the shoulder seams but it could just be the way it's hanging

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Possibly from the defunct Hercules Leather Co from the UK?

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/hercules-leather-co-england.97957/post-2663115

They had some traction here on TFL initially but flamed out pretty quickly. Might have been a victim of bad timing with the COVID pandemic. There's aspects of this jacket that I like but the 25" length kinds of ruins it for me for a grizzly jacket. Disappointing, too, that the hardware has started to tarnish that quickly.

This is an incredible Grizzly jacket IMO. Too small for me, but maybe for the smaller guys on here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155853583247?hash=item244998f38f:g:6VIAAOSwY1llO6Ke

Looks like a cheap knockoff.

Same seller also has this…:rolleyes:

View attachment 556159

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Possibly from the defunct Hercules Leather Co from the UK?

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/hercules-leather-co-england.97957/post-2663115

They had some traction here on TFL initially but flamed out pretty quickly. Might have been a victim of bad timing with the COVID pandemic. There's aspects of this jacket that I like but the 25" length kinds of ruins it for me for a grizzly jacket. Disappointing, too, that the hardware has started to tarnish that quickly.
I have Tony's jacket. Stuff is quality, just a click or two below what TFL considers top quality makers. Made in Thailand, cow with massive amount of pull up on mine.

[/URL]
s-l1600.png

s-l1600.jpg

I pulled the trigger on this jacket because it appeared to be fairly high quality and in good condition from the photos, but I can't find jack shit on this company. Reminds me a bit of a Vanson jacket with the brass hardware.
Haven't received it yet but may add more photos once it gets here. Any input? Think I got a decent deal on it? only thing that looks a little weird to me is how the sleeves wrinkle at the shoulder seams but it could just be the way it's hanging

Never heard of this maker but Peabody was a tanning Mecca until a few decades ago. The jacket certainly looks like quality.

jeo

One Too Many
Steerhide Penneys MC jacket size 42. $350 OBO. These fit small.

IMG_4303.jpeg

Biff42

One of the Regulars
[/URL]
s-l1600.png

s-l1600.jpg

Looks like a solid jacket to me. I wonder if they had any ties to US 1 leathers in nearby Danvers? I think US 1 was formerly U.S. Made CO leathers but I'm not certain.

Bluechel

Practically Family
[/URL]
s-l1600.png

s-l1600.jpg

Looks interesting, would love to know more when you get it!

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
It does not look like Star Glove to me. The lining, belt loops and the batch holder are from a later period. The zips look a little later than the early Star Gloves. I think is a very nice jacket for what it is. The price is a little high. I will ask my friend Jauregui. He will know.

AHP91

Practically Family
It does not look like Star Glove to me. The lining, belt loops and the batch holder are from a later period. The zips look a little later than the early Star Gloves. I think is a very nice jacket for what it is. The price is a little high. I will ask my friend Jauregui. He will know.

This seller seemed quite suspect to me. Confident that it’s a Star Glove with no label. I sent a question or two after the jacket was posted and the price immediately went up 300 dollars.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
This seller seemed quite suspect to me. Confident that it’s a Star Glove with no label. I sent a question or two after the jacket was posted and the price immediately went up 300 dollars.
I hope he sell it. However, I will just not pay for it. I had this type of thing happened to me many times. Locally, I travel to see a jacket and informed the sellers about their jacket then immediately the sellers want more. I will continue doing my thing. I put a limit to what I want to pay for a jacket based on what it is worth to me. Some sellers are just unrealistic with their price and their expectations.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Nice little cold snap today so wore the LW J23 on a bicycle ride with my boy

View attachment 556365

Nice Jacket. Is that a new mouton collar on that jacket? I will be making some for my black j23. I got some LW HH from Stu. However, I will making my collars based on the original buco pattern. I will post when I get around to it.

Nice Jacket. Is that a new mouton collar on that jacket? I will be making some for my black j23. I got some LW HH from Stu. However, I will making my collars based on the original buco pattern. I will post when I get around to it.

Gracias.

Sorta new. Got it from Tony and had to modify it so it would fit this and some other jackets. It was made by JL. Love the blonde

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy