Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Beck arnley size 42 €100

https://www.vinted.nl/items/3905840...ured-by-schott-bros-motorcycle-leather-jacket

IMG_2924.jpeg

Biff42

One of the Regulars
It was me. If it fits me well, I will need to lean on the advice of this forum to repair the liner. If it doesn't fit me well, it will be up in the classifieds with clear measurements.
That liner should be an easy repair for any local alterations business, at least here in the US. It won't look perfect, but will be perfectly functional. Vanson or Arrow could completely replace the liner.

These are really thin vests and not typical LW gear. I sold two of them a couple years back for under a $100 each. One around $50 I think. If this is someone’s only interaction with LW gear they likely would be disappointed.

AHP91

Practically Family
These are really thin vests and not typical LW gear. I sold two of them a couple years back for under a $100 each. One around $50 I think. If this is someone’s only interaction with LW gear they likely would be disappointed.
ruh roh

AHP91

Practically Family
I also snatched’em up. Twice. lol. They are nice vests for sure. Don’t get me wrong. Just not what I look for. Great for under a heavier jacket though.
ya i didn't grab this one. i bought a real mccoys wool vest that somehow worked out perfectly without knowing my vest measurements. anything after this one is going to be a disappointment.

still would like a leather one that's right, i saw an old brown Taubers that Terry has and that one is perfect

ya i didn't grab this one. i bought a real mccoys wool vest that somehow worked out perfectly without knowing my vest measurements. anything after this one is going to be a disappointment.

still would like a leather one that's right, i saw an old brown Taubers that Terry has and that one is perfect

You post the RMC in the vest thread? I’m always looking for new vest ideas. I almost always have one on.

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Did you notice the seller put this amazing jacket for sale with such a photo : spider and cobwebs, probably an attic find.
1703512382370.png

Anyway, as a buyer I would try again, out ebay of course.

AHP91

Practically Family
Somehow he knew it is worth a lot of money. Or was the $2.5k simply a wild guess / crazy number? Similar to this $5k Admiral Byrd lol (which is really only worth about $750 - $1k I'd say)
I think a lot of sellers nowadays know that older leather jackets can be valuable, and so they list anything they find for ridiculous amounts of money and lower the price as it remains unsold. I believe the seller for this one probably wasn't expecting to sell it for this amount. Once it sold quickly, now they want more for it.

The listing for the Star Glove (I think) made no mention of decade produced, generic AI written description, etc. In fact, they wrote that the jacket is 50+ yeards old, when it's closer to 100 years old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR