Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Bluechel

Practically Family
Who made this? Kind of a knockoff feel, but nice Talons all around...https://www.ebay.com/itm/1862366294...rand=Unbranded&_trksid=p3458402.c101506.m1851
jojjojjj.jpg

Bluechel

Practically Family
I asked the same question a few days ago on this jacket and nobody replied.
It's kinda interesting because there's some other examples like this of a "poor man's version of more well-known designs, but made with lower quality leather (or goatskin?) sort of like what 5* does but with all Talon stuff, so it's probably 1970's made?

Bluechel

Practically Family
Yes, I posted a photo separately since I'm a noob at replying. Many features very similar to the Lancer I used to own. Here are a few more shots...
Yes! There are certainly similarities....thanks for that! The only Lancer I ever owed had the biggest label I'd ever seen sewn better than most labels too.

Mankohouse

New in Town
Possibly a Classic Motorcycle Jacket? Jackets made by a former Langlitz bubba out of his garage. Short-lived but the jackets were pretty good. I had their version of the Columbia
Never knew that bit about Classic Motorcycle Jackets (out of Oregon?). I have one that I bought because I thought it was an ALs. It has a Classic Moto Jackets label but everything about the jacket seems like it was made by ALs. Heaviest jacket I have ever owned.

Attachments

• IMG_3517.JPEG
    IMG_3517.JPEG
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3232.JPEG
    IMG_3232.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 48

Biff42

One of the Regulars
Yes, I posted a photo separately since I'm a noob at replying. Many features very similar to the Lancer I used to own. Here are a few more shots...
Here's another with the same back. You guys are good!

Was Lancer a good brand any details you all could share?

Never knew that bit about Classic Motorcycle Jackets (out of Oregon?). I have one that I bought because I thought it was an ALs. It has a Classic Moto Jackets label but everything about the jacket seems like it was made by ALs. Heaviest jacket I have ever owned.

That’s the label for sure. Nicer imo than most lancers I have seen/handled. Mine was goatskin I think.

That one does look like an Al’s lol. Let me try to find pictures of my jacket so we can compare.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Ah, now we're getting somewhere I've needed to go! I have a "cal's clone" too, and it weighs a ton, but the jacket has only the missing label glue spot where your Classic Moto label is, and it's the same size, same location.

Mankohouse

New in Town
Yes! There are certainly similarities....thanks for that! The only Lancer I ever owed had the biggest label I'd ever seen sewn better than most labels too.
The CHP style I used to own had the traditional Lancer label under the inside left pocket but the one I posted about only had a small Lancer label behind the neck. I think there used to be a size label attached directly under this label (mine was missing) and the whole label was only attached at the top end.

Attachments

• IMG_1701(Edited).jpg
    IMG_1701(Edited).jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 7_IMG_4785.JPEG
    7_IMG_4785.JPEG
    334.5 KB · Views: 44

Mankohouse

New in Town
Ah, now we're getting somewhere I've needed to go! I have a "cal's clone" too, and it weighs a ton, but the jacket has only the missing label glue spot where your Classic Moto label is, and it's the same size, same location.
I do believe it is made by AL's. All the build features match my previous ALs I used to have and was labelled as an AL's. This thing is a beast and it'd be heavier if it weren't for the hole in the lapel and few more on the back =(

Attachments

• IMG_3519.JPEG
    IMG_3519.JPEG
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3520.JPEG
    IMG_3520.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 32

cbez

One Too Many
Buyee has a 20% off yahoo auctions coupon going. The proxy sites usually only have discounts for the flea market sites like Mercari/Rakuten.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy