Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Bluechel

Practically Family
That seller has a large stock of stuff bought of eBay, Etsy and the classifieds here…spit shined to flip for a profit. I’m fairly certain it’s a member here working a get rich slow plan.
Or he’s some nut who fell in love with leather jackets and had it take over his entire waking hours and his garage and every closet until he was very close to divorce and realized he may have lost his mind and needs to get a grip and make a move back to some version of normal? Nah, that cannot happen ….

Biff42

One of the Regulars
That seller has a large stock of stuff bought of eBay, Etsy and the classifieds here…spit shined to flip for a profit. I’m fairly certain it’s a member here working a get rich slow plan.

I can't speak to his motives, but the jacket I bought off him was a good deal with great communication.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Or he’s some nut who fell in love with leather jackets and had it take over his entire waking hours and his garage and every closet until he was very close to divorce and realized he may have lost his mind and needs to get a grip and make a move back to some version of normal? Nah, that cannot happen ….
Yet he continues to buy jackets that are not his size, not even close. Asking TFL members to proxy. He's a nut that's for sure. Others might call him a leech.

IMG_5354.jpeg

Bluechel

Practically Family
Yet he continues to buy jackets that are not his size, not even close. Asking TFL members to proxy. He's a nut that's for sure. Others might call him a leech.

View attachment 596311

View attachment 596311
Pretty harsh Marc...but I notice you always take the hard line.

Al 916

One Too Many
I have bought from this seller with only good results. Whoever it is they seemed pretty decent to me.

Kongotronics

New in Town
There is a letter?
Anyway, I know the denim tribe prefer the cotton thread for chain stitching because it shrinks. And nylon may stretch but depends on the mix.
There's a few that made the switch over to poly threads, the biggest one I think is Iron Heart. But those guys are crazy for sturdy built jeans.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There's a few that made the switch over to poly threads, the biggest one I think is Iron Heart. But those guys are crazy for sturdy built jeans.
Oh yes. The best of both world polycotton thread but then the jeans itself is cotton (unless it is those spandex stretch jeans) meaning the thread will last longer than the denim cloth.;)

MotionDesign

One of the Regulars
I recently purchased two jackets from Bluechel: a straight zip Cal with an original collar and Al's cross zip "suit of armor" that weighs 9.5lb. I believe both were very fair deals. Since both jackets are roughly the same size, I think they might have been worn by the same person.

I recently purchased two jackets from Bluechel: a straight zip Cal with an original collar and Al's cross zip "suit of armor" that weighs 9.5lb. I believe both were very fair deals. Since both jackets are roughly the same size, I think they might have been worn by the same person.
When I posted the jacket below in this thread, said seller immediately placed an offer:
IMG_1587.jpeg

I bought it outright to avoid having it flipped at a profit (I sort of knew it would not fit me). I sold it for what I paid to another member. I don’t have a problem with people doing what they do, but I do have a problem with “members” using the resources of the forum for their own personal gain. I mean I could’ve easily doubled my money on this jacket, but I posted it here for someone who could actually wear it.

Bluechel

Practically Family
When I posted the jacket below in this thread, said seller immediately placed an offer:
View attachment 596410
I bought it outright to avoid having it flipped at a profit (I sort of knew it would not fit me). I sold it for what I paid to another member. I don’t have a problem with people doing what they do, but I do have a problem with “members” using the resources of the forum for their own personal gain. I mean I could’ve easily doubled my money on this jacket, but I posted it here for someone who could actually wear it.
"Said seller" has purchased jackets for my son, his girlfriend, my wife, my neighbors, etc. I have a long "dream" list I maintain for my friends. Does no one else here?

KBlake

One Too Many
View attachment 596410

This is why I proposed a separate channel for contributing members who aren’t trying to take advantage of community good will.

KBlake

One Too Many
Rather than castigate, why don't we all agree to drafting and signing a "Code of Conduct" that clarifies all the boundaries for good (and bad) behavior. I will be the first to sign and abide. If my "trading" mentality to fund my own personal closet (which I could not otherwise afford) has hurt and/or offended anyone here, I publicly apologize and ask for your forgiveness. I paid my way through college buying and selling classic cars out of the "Thrifty Nickel" want ads, and I'm afraid my passion for leather has made me some kind of perceived enemy of the Fedora Lounge, and I would never intend to be viewed that way. I have been clear when asked about the hundreds of dollars I have spent on zipper repair and replacement and fixing/conditioning/improving otherwise basket case jackets for public consumption. I have taken great joy in providing proper transparency and measurements for folks to have a great experience, and end up with a Grail piece. I have never been nefarious or evil. I have NOT made a profit. I have not done this to "get rich slowly". I am not a "leech" and I cannot imagine being called that. I can only see/learn/inspect/experience by holding the jacket in my hand. That is the only choice for many of us here. I have paid what is asked and dealt with anyone/everyone fairly as a seller. I had a buyer here whose name I recognized from TFL buy from me off the "bay and I cancelled the sale and sold to him at the good guy price. If the majority of you want me gone, please go ahead and ban me. I will be saddened that I was perhaps misunderstood or had too much zeal that was viewed as bad behavior that flew in the face of the invisible folkways of which I was truly unaware. But I don't really want to go. As I said, state your rules clearly, I will happily abide.
I can vouch for the integrity of this seller/op.
When he realized the jacket he sold me on Etsy was to a TFL member he canceled the purchase and reached out to me here telling me I overpaid. He then gave me the discounted TFL price.

Al 916

One Too Many
I do get it man. I just can’t figure a fair way about it. But I do get it.

I suggested...

We pretty much know each others styles and size. When we have something we are moving we just message, offering.. As long as everyone signs up not to get offered by PMs.

New folk enter the group by osmosis of trust built up over the posts n years

Al 916

One Too Many
I can vouch for the integrity of this seller/op.
When he realized the jacket he sold me on Etsy was to a TFL member he canceled the purchase and reached out to me here telling me I overpaid. He then gave me the discounted TFL price.

So on this overall Sunday of love....Could we please all hug and let this one be laid.
(it's messing with my head)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner