Fine Creek Leather

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by ksozay, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Rich22

Rich22 One of the Regulars

I’m stumped. Which is to say, utterly baffled. ??

What does a 10 year old racing bike have to do with mismatched leather?

2. Rich22

Are you saying you often buy footwear where one shoe/boot is all scarred up and one is pristine? That seems strange.

Or are you saying that you’ve scuffed them up a lot while wearing them? I have no issue with naturally occurring damage during a product’s lifecycle, merely the apparent use of differing materials in their construction.

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  3. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

It has
    mismatched headlight

jacketjunkie likes this.
  4. sinnedk

sinnedk New in Town

Not often but some of my boots have different scarring and it’s just the way it is. I like the texture and crazy look.

See https://imgur.com/a/1wh1U

5. Rich22

Ah, ok.

Is that pattern embossed? Never seen anything quite like it.

6. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

Very interesting...do a thread on these...

7. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

These are freaking sweet! I don't know anything about the brand (I don't know much about clothes in general) but years ago I've seen a jacket by that brand too and it stuck with me as one of the nicest I've seen, at least on the pics. These boots are right there. Melted sneakers are kinda lame, though...

As for the pattern, it doesn't need to be embossed. I think you could get that grain by using the part of the hide around the stomach of the animal.

8. sinnedk

sinnedk New in Town

No it’s not embossed. They buy horse hide and some things come out that way others come out smooth, ymmv.

It’s carol Christian poell, commonly referred to as CCP. Not sure a thread is warranted on these. I did do a write up on Reddit goodyearwelt https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwe...ed_boots/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

9. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

for any of the London based FL bro's.. Fine Creek Leather will be at the Rivet and Hide store next weekend:

upload_2019-6-21_13-58-36.png

word is they will be making jackets up to size 46 now... getting closer

"Above info deftly lifted form the IH forum"

Mysteryo and Mich486 like this.
  10. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Risque name. That's one C removed from the Eastern Bloc!

11. patrick_b

patrick_b One of the Regulars

That's great news! 46 would probably work for me!

Boyo likes this.
  12. sinnedk

sinnedk New in Town

Hi folks, not sure if any of you caught the activity on style forum but here are some pics of FCL 2020 season
    Screenshot_20190705-203441.jpg Screenshot_20190705-203457.jpg Screenshot_20190706-010303_20190706010429382.jpg

FCL Leon Custom in brown, apparently they made this... shinki horsehide per Kiya from Self Edge
    20171128_98f8c5 (1).jpeg
    64573499_209701449991501_76571025376759018_n.jpg

13. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yesterday, I tried on the FCL James. Very good quality. Unfortunately, it did not fit me well. The 44 was large in the shoulder. The 42 was better, but still had a lot of material in the back shoulder blade area and was too tight in the chest.

cellini likes this.
  14. Coke20x

Coke20x New in Town

I know you had been waiting for this model to come around and were hopeful it might work out for you. Sorry it hadn't. Are you going to have Himel make you an Imperial instead?

15. Coke20x

Coke20x New in Town

And, yes. .. Those shoulders do look too wide and a slight bit boxy imo. The silhouette from the back has caused me to reconsider.. And the look of the half-belt does not help. I'd rather not purchase such an expensive jacket with the hope that the shoulders might eventually become tame and mold itself to me.

I really like the new ELMC Highway Star however, and hope to see someone on here model it so i might get a better idea of it.

cellini likes this.
  16. Arizor

Arizor Familiar Face

Hey folks, I’m currently in Tokyo, any idea where the best stockists are for FCL?

17. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

Based on their website, this is what I can suggest:
    ・JELADO FRAGSHIP STORE 2-16-6 Ebisu Nishi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 1F TEL : 03-3464-0557

JELADO HIDEOUT STORE 5-11-13 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 1F TEL : 03-6450-6217
    ・ Shakedown Trading 1-23-9-1F, Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo TEL: 03-6796-7669

18. Arizor

Arizor Familiar Face

Cheers @dudewuttheheck ! I popped in to Desolation Row, fantastic place, most leather jackets out of my size (44), very sad, though they did have a black mulholland. Very cool but I *really* wanted a La Brea.

19. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

I think FW does have other stockists in Tokyo... let me see...

BANKARA TOKYO FACTORY
    5-29-10 Himonya,Meguro,TOKYO 152-0003

BRYWB
    Mark Hills Oyamadai 3F 2-1-13 Todoroki,Setagaya,TOKYO 158-0082

AMERICAYA GENERAL GARDEN
    6-10-22 Ueno,Taito,TOKYO 110-0005

Boyo likes this.
  20. Arizor

Arizor Familiar Face

dudewuttheheck likes this.