Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine Creek Leathers - "Leon Custom" - size 40 (2mm Horsehide)

mjunderw00d

Familiar Face
Been sitting on this jacket for a while, and just doesn't fit me quite right. At least not enough to justify keeping a jacket of this price and magnitude. It deserves someone wearing it regularly.

Fine Creek Leathers - "Leon Custom" model in size 40 (which fits like a US 38). I wear a 38 in Schott jackets. The fit on this reminds me of the 613S.

Asking $1400 shipped.

Measurements zipped (bear in mind, it's tough to measure 2mm thick leather):
20.5" - Chest
18" - Shoulder
19" - Waist
24" (or just a hair under) - Sleeve
24.75" - Front length

Can send more detailed photos and videos if anyone is interested. Not a lot of great natural light spots in my apartment, hence the basic photos for now.
IMG_4874.jpg
IMG_4877.jpg
IMG_4871.jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was about to say this is the first non-gimmicky Leon I've seen and to compliment the fact that it's not weirdly elongated, then I saw the cut-off epaulettes and it's back to being pure FCL.

mjunderw00d

Familiar Face
I was about to say this is the first non-gimmicky Leon I've seen and to compliment the fact that it's not weirdly elongated, then I saw the cut-off epaulettes and it's back to being pure FCL.
yeah, the Leon Custom has the cut off epaulettes. The Leon No Star is the more standard perfecto model. People either love it or hate it. I dig it. To each their own.

Aloysius

The No Star is the one that has a lot of vintage details and then is absurdly long, right?

mjunderw00d

Familiar Face
The No Star is the one that has a lot of vintage details and then is absurdly long, right?
They are the same jacket to my knowledge, and the exact same leather. The Custom just has the epaulettes and belt cut cut off (in homage to that trend). But the jackets measure the exact same. Mine definitely isn’t long. My Schott 519 is longer, for sure.

Aloysius

They are the same jacket to my knowledge, and the exact same leather. The Custom just has the epaulettes and belt cut cut off (in homage to that trend). But the jackets measure the exact same. Mine definitely isn’t long. My Schott 519 is longer, for sure.

Ah, I wonder which length came first. For a while there they made them with really well chosen vintage Schott details, then ruined the proportions and general vibe by having the jacket be super long. (I have nothing against long jackets per se, but short designs stretched out don't work.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner