Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine Creek Richmond size 46

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
With a heavy heart I am selling my Richmond.
A little too long for me perhaps.

Size 46 but fits closer. to a 44

I purchased this brand new and had it briefly for sale on this forum. I then started to wear it inside and was amazed at the speed with which the leather broke in.
I wore it outside once on my motorcycle.

It has some indications of break in as evidenced by the revelation of undertones around some edges and some tunneling at the sleeves.

Asking $1500 or best offer.

Ask any questions.

IMG_9388.jpg IMG_9389.jpg IMG_9390.jpg IMG_9391.jpg IMG_9392.jpg IMG_9393.jpg IMG_9394.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9396.jpg
    IMG_9396.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_9395.jpg
    IMG_9395.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,082
  • IMG_9397.jpg
    IMG_9397.jpg
    634.3 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:

Jules Myers

One of the Regulars
With a heavy heart I am selling my Richmond.
A little too long for me perhaps.

I purchased this brand new and had it briefly for sale on this forum. I then started to wear it inside and was amazed at the speed with which the leather broke in.
I wore it outside once on my motorcycle.

It has some indications of break in as evidenced by the revelation of undertones around some edges and some tunneling at the sleeves.

Ask any questions.

Asking $1500 or best offer. View attachment 374670 View attachment 374671 View attachment 374672 View attachment 374673 View attachment 374674 View attachment 374675 View attachment 374676

Is this the same jacket I PM’d you about a couple months ago?

sweetfights

The last time around this looked like it had 26” at the sleeves. Appears to be a little less now. Quite possibly it’s lost a little sleeve length with the wear. Can you confirm?

Yes. Every jacket I have ever had brand new shrinks a little. I am not sure if it is the weather here in the Golden Horshoe, but Shinki, veggie tan, CXL all shrink here. Weird but true.

sweetfights

From the Website:

Fine Creek makes some of the most beautiful horsehide jackets we've seen. Using a vegetable tanned Japanese horsehide, which ages in a fairly fast manner, they cut and sew these jackets in their own studio in Tokyo. The quality of stitching is as good as it gets for a leather jacket, and we've not seen many jackets age as well as these do. Depending on the panel they'll use a different type of stitch thread and thread count to achieve puckering in certain areas for added character.

This is Fine Creek Leathers' take on the classic Type I jacket. The way the front chest pleats pull and pucker with wear is truly a sight to behold. This comes in as a classic fit with just a hair of length added to the body.

Care: We recommend not doing much to these jackets outside of wearing them. The natural oils in this level of quality of horsehide is enough for quite a few years. At the most Fine Creek suggests to wipe down the jacket every few months with a damp soft towel, and once every couple of years to rub in some Mustang Paste leather conditioner into the jacket.

SPECIFICATIONS
  • Japanese Vegetable Tanned / Aniline Finished Horsehide
  • Tanned in Himeji, Japan
  • 1.2mm Leather Thickness
  • Custom Tanning Recipe by Yoshikatsu Yamazaki
  • 100% Cotton Pigment Dyed Liner
  • Vintage Style Steel Buttons
  • Sewn In Same Method as Denim Jacket (for extra puckering at seams)
  • Sewn In-House at Fine Creek Leathers, Tokyo, Japan

marker2037

Practically Family
This is Fine Creek's best jacket IMO. I just dislike how they increase the length so much as you get into the sizes for us Westerners, but if you're over 6ft then this is an option for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko