Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine hair vs heated rollers

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I have bob length poker straight hair that never seems to hold a shape well without me causing another hole in the ozone layer with hairspray. It's also baby fine and colour treated, lovely combination!

I don't have the time or patience to do a wet set and last time i tried pin curls overnight I got no sleep, an irritated scalp and hair like Leo Sayer by the morning. When I do a set at all I tend to use velcro rollers as they are light and easy for me to use.I tend to do reverse victory rolls and backcomb and pin in place, then curl the back with the velcro rollers and pin, pin, pin, but I'd like to do a softer curl when my hair gets a little longer.

I do have a set of heated rollers and I would love to get better at using them for speed's sake. The problem is, as my hair is fairly short (just to the nape of my neck now) and very fine I just can't get them to stay in, they're too heavy and slide out again, even though I use the U shaped pins that come with them. Does anyone out there have fine hair and a similar problem? How do you keep them in, or do you just not use heated rollers at all?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
It's not the fact that your hair is fine that is the problem, its the length. When your hair gets long enough to wrap around the rollers once, they will stay in no problem, because they will hold the weight. Until then, I would use the velcro rollers.

You're lucky that your poker straight hair is fine! Mine is thick, ergo, a hot roller set will last a good 10 minutes on me, if I don't touch it or go outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy