Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fire at Johnson Leather in SF

MercuryMan76

New in Town
Alan let me know he is working on getting an account set up on here so he can answer any questions anyone might have about orders, repairs, etc. Should be hearing from him soon.

buler

I'll Lock Up
So sorry to hear this. I just visited Alan in May. Had a wonderful time talking with him. He was as nice and accommodating in person as everyone else has mentioned. I'm glad no one was hurt and wish him the best.

B

Hi All,
Alan at Johnson Leather here (about time right?).
The last few days have been very tough and we appreciate all the love and kind words we have received from the members.
Over the last few years we have had the pleasure to work with so many great new customers and help turn their visions into leather garments.
I have had the pleasure of meeting some customers that have come by our shop to say hello or place orders. I must say the guys and girls that I meet through the Fedora Lounge, and have made garments for or just chatted with, have been some of the most interesting, creative people around.
We have talked about jackets, movies, watches and so many other topics and may have bent an ear or two.

As we clean up, it may take us a week or two to contact our customers that have placed orders with us. Most of our records were destroyed however the only computer that appears to have survived the damage was mine:) If you do not hear from me with a week or two please email me. We are working as hard as we can to rise from the ashes but it will be a few months before we can be at 100 percent again. We still have no power or phones and it could be another week in the dark. We're also looking for a temporary nearby space enabling us to continue offering repairs and fulfilling orders while the main shop is being repaired.

I will have our main phone number forwarded over to a new service tomorrow until our main phones and power are restored. I will be at what is left of our shop over the next two weeks so any of our local customers can stop by and I will try to answer any questions, but please call or email us first since I will be in and out.

I understand if any customers would prefer not to keep their orders in the queue and would like a refund. We'd be happy to work with you to for any and all such requests.

Thanks all,
Alan

Sorry to hear this Alan. You're one of those guys that gets regular praise here - not just for the jackets - but as a great person.
Small biz have a tough enough time, so I imagine this is a real setback. Everyone here certainly sends best wishes for a speedy rebuild, and I'd wager most here with orders will keep them.
Good to see you here finally. Sorry it took this episode to "meet" you.

Sorry to hear this Alan. You're one of those guys that gets regular praise here - not just for the jackets - but as a great person.
Small biz have a tough enough time, so I imagine this is a real setback. Everyone here certainly sends best wishes for a speedy rebuild, and I'd wager most here with orders will keep them.
Good to see you here finally. Sorry it took this episode to "meet" you.

Appreciate the kind words and yes it sucks. I love what I do and to old to do anything else so in those famous words I will be back just may take awhile.

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
Hi Alan,

All of us at Aero would like to extend our sympathy to you at this time. I know you must have had a hell of a few days. Happy to hear that there were no injuries.
You will bounce back from this and with the support from your loyal customers (that we know you have) you will be back on your feet soon i'm sure.

All the best from Sunny Scotland

Denny and the Aero Team.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Alan, Great that you all are recovering and working to get back up and going. We all really appreciate the work that you do!

Americanaaa Mark

A-List Customer
I
It appears we have lost about 85 percent of our stock garment inventory as well as the leather hides. Will take a few day to access the losses. Dealing with insurance company's in the next few days.
is it all trash now though? Leather can be resilient. Once they dry out will they just be a bit Smokey?

Like can they be sold at a discount still or are all those wonderful jackets lost for good?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Alan,

so sorry to hear about this. Good to hear noone was injured in the fire and that you were insured. It's still a real shame about the jackets and the leather hides, but all this can be re-done and re-sourced and within no time, you'll be back in business, doing excellent work as ever and getting us junkies all these outstanding jackets done while providing all the kind and helpful service I praise you for. I'm keeping fingers crossed the insurance company doesn't try to complicate things.

All the best,
Tillman

Hi Alan,

All of us at Aero would like to extend our sympathy to you at this time. I know you must have had a hell of a few days. Happy to hear that there were no injuries.
You will bounce back from this and with the support from your loyal customers (that we know you have) you will be back on your feet soon i'm sure.

All the best from Sunny Scotland

Denny and the Aero Team.

Hello Danny,

I appreciate your post and have always admired Aero as a company and you garments as well. Not many of us left that do what we do.
Regards,
Alan

Alan,

so sorry to hear about this. Good to hear noone was injured in the fire and that you were insured. It's still a real shame about the jackets and the leather hides, but all this can be re-done and re-sourced and within no time, you'll be back in business, doing excellent work as ever and getting us junkies all these outstanding jackets done while providing all the kind and helpful service I praise you for. I'm keeping fingers crossed the insurance company doesn't try to complicate things.

All the best,
Tillman

Hi Tillman,
We will be back just not sure how soon. Looking to temporally move around the corner from our shop if we can. On another note did you ever receive the sample swatches?
Thanks for your support over the last for years.
Alan

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
All the best with the clean up and rebuild, Alan. We love your work - you don't need to thank us, except by making great leather jackets again as soon as is practicable. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic