Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fire at Johnson Leather in SF

@Alan@JohnsonLeather, again, I really hope this isn't a serious setback for you guys and I wish you and JL speedy recovery. I know you'll get there in no time. More and more people are discovering JL and so far, literally everyone I talked to that has had pleasure of doing business with you ended up with a jacket that's a definite keeper. Wish I too haven't had a run of crap luck lately and that we could've finalized the order for the WOTW jacket but this is still happening and soon. Best of luck!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Hi Tillman,
We will be back just not sure how soon. Looking to temporally move around the corner from our shop if we can. On another note did you ever receive the sample swatches?
Thanks for your support over the last for years.
Alan

No matter how long it takes, I don't mind waiting and look forward to completing and look forward to completing my next order with you and I'm certain others feel the same. The samples finally arrived yesterday, it appears they were stuck in the overly correctly working german custom offices for a good while and now finally cleared for delivery. Current favourites are the redwood bison and the black 3.25 oz goat. I'll contact you via e-mail about this in a while but please take all your time to get this fire mess sorted out first.

No matter how long it takes, I don't mind waiting and look forward to completing and look forward to completing my next order with you and I'm certain others feel the same. The samples finally arrived yesterday, it appears they were stuck in the overly correctly working german custom offices for a good while and now finally cleared for delivery. Current favourites are the redwood bison and the black 3.25 oz goat. I'll contact you via e-mail about this in a while but please take all your time to get this fire mess sorted out first.

Glad the leather swatches arrived.

Just wanted to give an update on our status. We have found a temporary location very close to our shop and hope to set it up next week. This will allow us to keep production going as best we can. The main shop will be opened although the days and times will vary as most of the damage was in the back of the shop. Our phones have come back and we have limited power for now.

We will start making garments again on the 9 of August in a small location one block away. Our shop on Polk street will be partially opened Monday through Saturday from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm starting August 4th. We are trying to operate from the front of the shop as the major damaged was in the rear of the shop. We hope to start on our custom order back log around the 24th or August.

We will start making garments again on the 9 of August in a small location one block away. Our shop on Polk street will be partially opened Monday through Saturday from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm starting August 4th. We are trying to operate from the front of the shop as the major damaged was in the rear of the shop. We hope to start on our custom order back log around the 24th or August.
Good to hear Alan. You guys put out some of the best stuff around and I for one can't wait to business with you again. For anyone out there waiting on their jacket, please take it from me, it's worth every minute. I personally can't wait to bust out my JL this fall and winter. Thanks for keeping this forum posted during what I'm sure is a very hectic time for you guys. No doubt the folks around here greatly appreciate it.

The Bunk

New in Town

Hi Alan, any idea when you might be able to start accepting repairs/tailoring again?

itsallgood

One of the Regulars
I just stumbled across this thread and thought I would resurrect it. I've had the pleasure of buying two jackets from Alan in person, and then also returned to the store a couple of years later to have some custom alterations done. Each time I left with the sense that Alan is just "good people" and someone that truly enjoys what he does. Alan, I wish you the best in recovering from this setback. I hope the experience with the insurance people hasn't put a damper on your good nature.

I just stumbled across this thread and thought I would resurrect it. I've had the pleasure of buying two jackets from Alan in person, and then also returned to the store a couple of years later to have some custom alterations done. Each time I left with the sense that Alan is just "good people" and someone that truly enjoys what he does. Alan, I wish you the best in recovering from this setback. I hope the experience with the insurance people hasn't put a damper on your good nature.

We have relocated to our temporary address just around the corner from our shop. It looks like we will be there for at least the next three to four months. Thing are getting better but the process is slow. Insurance people that's another story for a later date. Thanks for your support and kind words.
Sincerely,
Alan

The Bunk

New in Town
We have relocated to our temporary address just around the corner from our shop. It looks like we will be there for at least the next three to four months. Thing are getting better but the process is slow. Insurance people that's another story for a later date. Thanks for your support and kind words.
Sincerely,
Alan

Hi Alan, I was planning to send you an email this week but may as well check here before I make my wife take photos. Are you still accepting new repair orders as planned this week or should I wait a bit longer to give you time to catch up?

Hi Alan, I was planning to send you an email this week but may as well check here before I make my wife take photos. Are you still accepting new repair orders as planned this week or should I wait a bit longer to give you time to catch up?

Hi,
We have completed the move around the corner from our main shop on Saturday. It took longer than anticipated as we had 38 years for things to move. We are temporally located at 1629 Jackson Street (just around the corner) SF, CA. 94109. We are Back :) although a bit slower on custom work and alteration/repairs so you can send the phots and the jacket.

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
Hope thing are getting fine for them. Never worked with them before but is something definitely in my plans. Only read good things about them, great products, nice people so they diserve all the luck they can get and they are in need of it given the pretty unfortunate events.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic