Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Dates

Pompidou

One Too Many
lol

I agree too! I appreciate the effort no matter what, but I'd rather have hand picked flowers :)
And yes, to see a man cook is fabulous!

You're a good man Scotty :D

I see handpicked flowers have come up a couple times. Am I to presume that the handpicked status of the flowers trumps their dollar value? What I'm getting at, I guess, is, I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to find any wild flowers worth picking. I have never seen a wild rose. The premise here, leads me to imagine that classic scene where the guy yanks out a handful of the girl's family's garden flowers while waiting at the door. I've only done one "pick her up at her place" date, and only because she was car-less and lived in the capital of boredom. Anyhow, I don't imagine handpicking dandelions or other random, common flowers would go over as well as something with a well known, high ticket price. Nothing says love like a debit card firmly in hand. What kind of flowers do you all have in mind?

rue

I see handpicked flowers have come up a couple times. Am I to presume that the handpicked status of the flowers trumps their dollar value? What I'm getting at, I guess, is, I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to find any wild flowers worth picking. I have never seen a wild rose. The premise here, leads me to imagine that classic scene where the guy yanks out a handful of the girl's family's garden flowers while waiting at the door. I've only done one "pick her up at her place" date, and only because she was car-less and lived in the capital of boredom. Anyhow, I don't imagine handpicking dandelions or other random, common flowers would go over as well as something with a well known, high ticket price. Nothing says love like a debit card firmly in hand. What kind of flowers do you all have in mind?

I'm talking about wildflowers :)

One time I had a date that picked some sweet peas on the way to pick me up and I was blown away. I married him eventually and although the marriage didn't last, I will always remember that.

As far as the debit card thing..... think about this video....
http://youtu.be/_CQHIP-38jA

In the end she chose the guy with the old truck and the daisies ;)

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up

Use your imagination. If no real flowers grow in your area, practice drawing several species until you're impressed with your own latent abilities. Then, at dinner, casually sketch what you've mastered onto a napkin and present it, replete with Latin classification. Next date: guaranteed.

rue

Ok then..I'll stop wearing them...:eek::)
Uh no... not what I meant HD :eeek:
Use your imagination. If no real flowers grow in your area, practice drawing several species until you're impressed with your own latent abilities. Then, at dinner, casually sketch what you've mastered onto a napkin and present it, replete with Latin classification. Next date: guaranteed.
Yup!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez I just now was thinking, I don't recall my first date!?! Guess that is what happens when you become, "Jurassic"! weeeeeeeeeeeeee....hahahahah!

Pompidou

One Too Many

While my "buy a next date for a one time, low price of 150.00" plan has been working for me thus far, I might see how the whole romantic thing works out next time. My old logic was, "Romance takes skill - money just takes time." I've always been a path of least resistance kind of guy, opting for expensive dates over thoughtful ones. It works - at least technically.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
While my "buy a next date for a one time, low price of 150.00" plan has been working for me thus far, I might see how the whole romantic thing works out next time. My old logic was, "Romance takes skill - money just takes time." I've always been a path of least resistance kind of guy, opting for expensive dates over thoughtful ones. It works - at least technically.

Well I do recall the first time I dated my Wife. We drove up to the Mackinac Bridge, in one of my nicer cars, spent the day window shopping in the city of Mackinac, had a fairly inexpensive stop for food there, (she is not a real big eater as she is only 100 pounds soaking wet, if that), watched the sun set while sitting on the back of my car, then I drove her home. She always will tell people that was the nicest date she was ever on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana