Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Dates

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Hey i can sympathise, i have been single for two years nearly. Been out on one date, fella stood me up. But i still don't get it with you BD! Yet when i had a boyfriend loads of guys used to chat me up. What's that all about?

Male perspective would be good here :D

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hey i can sympathise, i have been single for two years nearly. Been out on one date, fella stood me up. But i still don't get it with you BD! Yet when i had a boyfriend loads of guys used to chat me up. What's that all about?

It's the same scenario: when one is single no one is interested. When taken, then guys come out of the woodwork!

I was being serious re never having a date. But facetious at the same time, as I haven't been single since I was 14/15. ;0

I definitely think a proper date is in order!
X
BD

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab

Someone stood you up? Definitely HIS loss.
X
BD

C-dot

Call Me a Cab

Oh yes, it sure would be!

Justin B

One Too Many
It's not any different from the male side of things. If you are single your social life is akin to a dusty western street with a tumbleweed blowing down it. If your are attached ever woman and her mother seems to fawn over you.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
It's not any different from the male side of things. If you are single your social life is akin to a dusty western street with a tumbleweed blowing down it. If your are attached ever woman and her mother seems to fawn over you.

It's a very human compulsion to want what you cannot have - That's my best guess.

Pompidou

One Too Many
It's a very human compulsion to want what you cannot have - That's my best guess.

That, I think, and the fact that a person is taken puts them at a certain threshold of desirability, especially if the current S.O. is in or above one's league - IE: if a guy is good enough for Kiera Knightley, he automatically shows enough promise to other women to be worth shooting for. Some scientists claim women vet guys this way. Since biology doesn't let them sleep around to much effect, they've gotta aim for the best every single time. Just a theory I see now and again.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
That, I think, and the fact that a person is taken puts them at a certain threshold of desirability, especially if the current S.O. is in or above one's league - IE: if a guy is good enough for Kiera Knightley, he automatically shows enough promise to other women to be worth shooting for. Some scientists claim women vet guys this way. Since biology doesn't let them sleep around to much effect, they've gotta aim for the best every single time. Just a theory I see now and again.

That's certainly an interesting theory, and it does make some sense. Building upon that are women and girls who go after men where it is entirely inappropriate to do so - Say if they're married, or they are much older and in a position of authority. (I'm thinking of a certain brazen blonde who took a fancy to a history teacher in high school as I type this.)

I think, perhaps, these women feel a sense of accomplishment in seducing a man out of his marriage or position - That is to say, they've attained the unattainable, something most women couldn't or wouldn't do.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
That's certainly an interesting theory, and it does make some sense. Building upon that are women and girls who go after men where it is entirely inappropriate to do so - Say if they're married, or they are much older and in a position of authority. (I'm thinking of a certain brazen blonde who took a fancy to a history teacher in high school as I type this.)

I think, perhaps, these women feel a sense of accomplishment in seducing a man out of his marriage or position - That is to say, they've attained the unattainable, something most women couldn't or wouldn't do.

Before I was lucky enough to marry my Wife, I had some of the younger gals (this is going back about 14 years ago) that worked for me in my office, to have a bet to see whom could get "at me" first. As things happened, not a one was able to progress in that area....I was aware something was going on, but not the whole story. A gal that is just a friend found out about and disclosed to me the entire deal. Once I learned what was going on, I used that info to have "fun" in making the gals working for me, think I was far beyond their reach and feeling like they were a bunch of losers...(I did this only for fun now mind you to get back at them) as I hired some killer looking models to drop in to the office and make some statements like, "Oh, we are ready to go to the resort with you for the weekend"...(two models showing up with the same cover story). I could tell the gals working in my office felt fairly inferior to the models in the looks department and things slowly slunk off into the dark about their plots! Perhaps a year later, I allowed them to know of my "plot" to "prank" them....lol!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Sometimes attached women look better to men because:

1. They are unavailable for long term commitments. In other words, there is less of a chance that they're going to look to tie the new man down.
2. If some man already has them, they can't be completely nuts.

Of course, these are written with at least some facetiousness, although I know there are men who think this way. I've always been the type looking for 'the one.' Thank goodness I found her.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Spot on HD, I forgot to mention young men a fraction of their age!

You must be an incredible practical joker to manage a scheme like that lol

You would find out that around me, anything can happen without legal notice! hahahahahah weeeeeee !

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Sometimes attached women look better to men because:

1. They are unavailable for long term commitments. In other words, there is less of a chance that they're going to look to tie the new man down.
2. If some man already has them, they can't be completely nuts.

Of course, these are written with at least some facetiousness, although I know there are men who think this way. I've always been the type looking for 'the one.' Thank goodness I found her.

I would add to that, in some cases, people know they can "control" things to some point and degree, as they can "hint" that they call "tell on you" if you don't cave into their every want and desire.

Also, (not sure if this is the case today or not) but it was at one time, true, a married person is attractive because of the "taboo" attached to it taking place....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
My thoughts are still swinging back in the thought of being a bit sober on dates for the better results of a date.

Getting drunk can lead to all sorts of lack of normal behavior. One could do things that can never be undone. It would be no picnic at all, to be drunk, head off with the wrong person, spend the evening with no clue where you are even located at, wake up, peek out from under the covers, and see someone's teeth in a cup, a wig hanging on the dresser drawer handle, hearing the shower water running, hearing someone singing a song while they are in the shower, and you realize that person may even be the same "sex" as you are! O.O !!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21