Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First hat!

Gaige

One of the Regulars
Well, here's my first ever hat purchase... and I managed for it to be vintage. It's listed as a Stetson, "3x Beaver Quality" (can someone help me with what that means? I assume beaver refers to the felt...), late 40's or early 50's.

Anyways, here are the auction pics from Ebay. When I receive it, I'll post more with it perched on my head.

Thanks to everyone here for the wealth of information which allowed me to be a bit more comfortable on bidding. And, as always, my thanks to Mr. Hemingway Jones for all his time and patience.

Oh... final price: $16.52 + $8.50 shipping.

Enjoy!

fedora.jpg

fedora2.jpg

fedora3.jpg

Gaige

One of the Regulars
Trust me folks, when I receive it there'll be new pics.

I'm like a proud father or something; I wanted to post pics... any pics... as soon as possible.

I feel better having acquired one now. Didn't feel right belonging to the FL without owning one!

Dickie

New in Town
It's a nice hat - I thought about bidding on it but I had a job interview and forgot all about it !!!

Haven't heard back yet - fingers crossed though...

funneman

Practically Family
Excellent.

Wow, what a nice first score, great price, great color and a Stetson to boot! You did very well. Wear it in good health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy