Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Post - Need Hat Color Advice

KyleK

One of the Regulars
Thought I'd throw my Whiskey VS in the mix. Also in avatar, I think.

6461721607_440cdfe879.jpg

jkingrph

Practically Family
Don't know, whiskey is a clear bright color, you can see or read through( depending on how much you drink). A felt hat is opaque, and rather flat in finish as compared to liquid whiskey, so it would be difficult if not impossible to truly replicate the color and associated qualities.

Naming a hat color whiskey is most likely a sales gimmick.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, you have to call it something. Check out the Selentino Lexington on the JJ Hat Center site. It's very close to several other hats I've seen designated as "whiskey," and although I'd thought I'd sworn off "store bought" hats, that one's giving me the siren's call.

Exactly because "whiskey" isn't a color. It is a catchy name.

Color names are evocative, hoping to help you experience the particular signature of how a thing reflects and absorbs light. How they work and how we use them is much more interesting and complex than a sales gimmick. That said, names of colors and names of products certainly can help align a particular segment of the marketplace with a particular product.

Whiskey is better than brown. Pantone 464C might be even better. Personally, I think honey is sexier.

viclip

Practically Family
My Biltmore Presidential in "Cognac" will give any "Whiskey" hat a run for its money

That's a great exercise... tests patience as well as acuity. By the end I was itching to push that "score test" button. I scored 8. My wife will love this. Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy