Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fishermen's sweaters site

Sonero

Practically Family
That looks very nice. It closely resembles a Barbour jumper I’ve had for years. I hadn’t been aware of OKW’s chunky crew neck because I’ve been so focussed on their Woolly Pullies!
Thanks. They need to do better with colors though. I want one in all black but they only offer a Dark Welsh. I am trying to figure out what color Dark Welsh resembles but I cannot register anything. It looks almost dark brown . The charcoal color is stunning though. It would be a $300 sweater at Bloomingdales in NYC.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I decided to stick with kit and wait further sweater safari hunt till next autumn.

Remarkable how resilient these sweaters are, some of which I have owned for several decades.:D

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Thanks. They need to do better with colors though. I want one in all black but they only offer a Dark Welsh. I am trying to figure out what color Dark Welsh resembles but I cannot register anything. It looks almost dark brown . The charcoal color is stunning though. It would be a $300 sweater at Bloomingdales in NYC.

They have 'Black Welsh' - a name that conjures up images of Shirley Bassey and Cardiff's Tiger Bay district. It looks dark brown, much darker than my 'Peat Brown' Woolly Pully. Their 'Charcoal' looks darker than Charcoal wool sweaters I have had from Barbour.

Sonero

Practically Family
They have 'Black Welsh' - a name that conjures up images of Shirley Bassey and Cardiff's Tiger Bay district. It looks dark brown, much darker than my 'Peat Brown' Woolly Pully. Their 'Charcoal' looks darker than Charcoal wool sweaters I have had from Barbour.
Thank You. Color well noted.
I looked it up on Google and the explanation went into a African/Welsh history of the UK. Can you simply the Welsh/African connection for me ? What does it mean to people in the UK ?

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Thank You. Color well noted.
I looked it up on Google and the explanation went into a African/Welsh history of the UK. Can you simply the Welsh/African connection for me ? What does it mean to people in the UK ?

The Tiger Bay Area of Cardiff is the first truly multicultural area of a British city in that its scale of migration, number of languages, religious diversity and level of integration. In particular it is the oldest Black community of any size, with immigrants from the Caribbean and Africa (West and East, especially Somalia or British Somaliland) since the early C20. There has also been a substantial and long-established Yemeni community.

Sonero

Practically Family
The Tiger Bay Area of Cardiff is the first truly multicultural area of a British city in that its scale of migration, number of languages, religious diversity and level of integration. In particular it is the oldest Black community of any size, with immigrants from the Caribbean and Africa (West and East, especially Somalia or British Somaliland) since the early C20. There has also been a substantial and long-established Yemeni community.

Thank you for this. Love learning about new cultures.

Sonero

Practically Family
OKN CARLTON COUNTRY CREW :BLACK WELSH
20210130_130903.jpg
20210130_130837.jpg

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Wore my Gaelic Standun fisherman yesterday beneath my Gloverall duffle.
Simple, smart, snug as a bug in a rug. Arctic cold blast freight train arrives soon. Coffee but no tea.
Or whiskey. No excuse, all my own fault of course. A fast dash to stock necessities.
Then, keep the knit on inside flat.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I emailed Peter a few days ago. Here's his reply:

"MY KNITTERS WHO WERE UKRAINE GIRLS ARE NO LONGER WITH ME
THANKS TO PUTIN.
THEY HAVE ALL GONE HOME SO NO LONGER IN THE SWEATER BUSINESS SORRY PETER"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff