Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit Check- 1957 Buco J82 size 46

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
@photo2u thank you man. It's crushing once you deal with shipping and exchange to Canada, and this one was a now or never shot. When it arrived it was dry, wrinkled and "full of character". Even though it was a solid buy in USD, when the dust settled it was humbling.

I think a mouton collar would take this jacket to another planet.
I have an original. In my opinion one of the best made collars period. HD and Cal are very close second. I made some but I am not happy with them. I will continue practicing to improve my skills. If you like, there is a link for my post on collars. Very nice members have contributed with some impressive patterns.

The difficult part for me, was to find the period correct l24 nickel snaps. You are very lucky your jacket came with the original belt. For my Bucos it was a pain to find the company who made the rivets. Luckly for me, they still make the same solid brass rivets Buco used for their belts. Sadly, I currently using a 70s belt buckle for my recrafted belt. I have not been able to find a 50s buckle. If any one has one for sale, I will take it! with Gusto!!!

Khilij

One of the Regulars
I know nothing about vintage jackets, so I will not comment on the fit aspect. However, I did want to say that is one heck of a cool-looking jacket.

@photo2u thank you man. It's crushing once you deal with shipping and exchange to Canada, and this one was a now or never shot. When it arrived it was dry, wrinkled and "full of character". Even though it was a solid buy in USD, when the dust settled it was humbling.

I think a mouton collar would take this jacket to another planet.

A few collars for this bad boy. Haha. Change up the look when you want.

roadking04

Practically Family
Too big=wearable
Too small=sellable

In my book I always prefer to have a bigger size than a smaller size jacket.

So true. Many years of experience and knowledge between these gentlemen. I think the jacket looks good on you.

I have a size 46 and 44 perfecto. The 44 fits spot on but takes a few seconds to take off because of my bad shoulders. The 46 is a size too big. I wore the size 46 all winter, lol. I will say though, I prefer the 44 when on the bike.

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
This morning my 10 year old son asked me: "Dad you're not thinking of selling that D-Pocket are you?"

And considering that I'm wearing it at my desk while I'm spending my Sunday trying to complete a report for work indicates that it must not be that uncomfortable.

In truth, even though it's as old as it is, I think I just felt like it was "new shoes" and it will take a minute for it to mold to me perfectly. I'm confident based on how far it's come in the couple of weeks I've had it, that this can be done.

I'm well on my way, haven't really taken it off lol. My wife likes it too thank F%&. I'm sure I'm not the only guy here knows the experience of trying to convince your wife what a great deal you got on spending a car payment on a stinky old biker jacket.

arguscanis

New in Town
looks good. personally i will always take 1/2 size big vs. 1/2 size small.
also you gotta have enough room for the Sub!!!

There is literally zero chance of finding another in that condition, if you are even remotely happy with the fit, selling it would be a huge mistake. It's certainly looks very wearable to me. Not overly large at all. These jackets run small. (ish)

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
It's staying. It's too good. The leather continues to get softer, so it's feeling less boxy and stiff every day. When I first got it, it was pretty stiff and dry which made it not very comfortable.

My wife says it stays too, with the proviso that I put the brakes on jacket buying for a while. Looks like it's time for one of those "Executive accounts" they talked about on Mad Men....

It's staying. It's too good. The leather continues to get softer, so it's feeling less boxy and stiff every day. When I first got it, it was pretty stiff and dry which made it not very comfortable.

My wife says it stays too, with the proviso that I put the brakes on jacket buying for a while. Looks like it's time for one of those "Executive accounts" they talked about on Mad Men....

An executive account and another pro-tip— make sure the sellers use a Zara box to ship the jackets. Haha.

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
simpsons-so-good.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ