Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check on Eastman Roadster

newtojackets

Practically Family
Just bought a used EMLC roadster. Thought on the fit.

My gut is telling me to catch and release yet again… 354B9BF0-6BD5-4D9D-98E5-F6B6E1A8FC48.jpeg 0DCADB70-9E58-4CAA-AC37-DF3F0601F7A5.jpeg 2BB63418-7AC1-4735-A97C-943BA92410D9.jpeg

Observe

Practically Family
As a tall lanky guy I feel your pain. You either need to accept that everything is usually going to be too short for you or go the extra mile (custom, tall sizes) to get that perfect fit. This may also limit the styles appropriate for your body type. I vacillate between being used to things being too short and having that feel right to me, and being quite annoyed by it.

newtojackets

Practically Family
You look like a tall and lanky dude. May want to look for a jacket with longer body and sleeves, and let this one go. I am sure other loungers can recommend jackets that are suitable for your build.
I agree, sleeves ang length are both a bit too short. Funny thing is I'm not actually even that tall, I'm 6 foot, so I was quite surprised by the length

Oh man, so close!
The length on that one looks fine but the sleeves are just too short. I think a tall size in this model would fit you perfectly.
Always gutting when it's close to working, but not quite there!

newtojackets

Practically Family
I'm planning on going custom eventually, but still putting on a bit of size, so holding off on that for at least a year. Alas, the search in the meantime continues

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
ah man, it was kind of close, but yeah, it crossed over.

It's going to cost you more money, but RMC J24L is longer and longer sleeves. And actually that Vanson Commando I just sold would work too. You probably a large in that one though. Also check out Schott D Pockets. They've got some models at 26 inch back length and the sleeves tend to be longer.

Other than that, most D pockets are short (Delraiser, Y2, RMC J24, etc.). Trust me, I searched long time. I got so excited when I first found Commando, I actually bought two LOL.

newtojackets

Practically Family
ah man, it was kind of close, but yeah, it crossed over.

It's going to cost you more money, but RMC J24L is longer and longer sleeves. And actually that Vanson Commando I just sold would work too. You probably a large in that one though. Also check out Schott D Pockets. They've got some models at 26 inch back length and the sleeves tend to be longer.

Other than that, most D pockets are short (Delraiser, Y2, RMC J24, etc.). Trust me, I searched long time. I got so excited when I first found Commando, I actually bought two LOL.
Ah really useful, thanks! The D-pocket / j24 look is my favourite of all designs, didn't realise all of them were so short

Too short for my taste in both body and sleeve though if the sleeves were longer I might forgive the body length...some folks are ok with a jacket above the belt, though I personally am not.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
You should look at the Vanson Commando.. it‘s a d-pocket, it‘s got a long cut in the body and Vanson sleeves are long vy default. Also, they pop up for small money used every now and then.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I actually think it's fine, depending on what you want to do with it. If it's your only/primary jacket, though, it's not the best option.

Also check out Schott D Pockets. They've got some models at 26 inch back length and the sleeves tend to be longer.

On this note, both of their D-pockets have been hugely discounted all year. @newtojackets neither of these is their J-24 repro (which was done as private label work for Legendary USA), but they're really nice jackets. One is a more motorcycle rider jacket, the other is a 1930s aviator type.

I am a little taller than you and Schott's sleeves have never been short (except on a jacket a size too small I bought because it was a one-off) on me. It ought to work.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I actually think it's fine, depending on what you want to do with it. If it's your only/primary jacket, though, it's not the best option.

On this note, both of their D-pockets have been hugely discounted all year. @newtojackets neither of these is their J-24 repro (which was done as private label work for Legendary USA), but they're really nice jackets. One is a more motorcycle rider jacket, the other is a 1930s aviator type.

I am a little taller than you and Schott's sleeves have never been short (except on a jacket a size too small I bought because it was a one-off) on me. It ought to work.
That’s really helpful will look into these ones!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ