Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit Check - Thedi Cossack Shawl Collar - size XL

mvilla

A-List Customer
Hey guys!

I know probably some of you might be fed up of my fit check pictures, but I feel these might help if someone in the future is looking for a guideline on the models I've posted (for good or bad).

Anyway, I just got this magnificent Thedi on a trade and don't really know how it is supposed to fit. I heard that this model should wear a little longer, so I'd like to hear your opinion.

20230613_222651.jpg

I think it is looking more or less like a Dehen or one of those Aran Shawl Collar wool cardigans, but made of leather.

dehen-1920-wraps-division-road-in-an-exclusive-shawl-cardigan-model-front-back.jpg

39.jpg

dehen_1920_shawl_sweater_coat_2.0_goldmine_13_2048x2048.jpg

mk117-shawl-neck-cardigan-bark-brown_16__88399.1593303678.1280.1280__40032__24035.jpg

The jacket is pretty awesome on itself, the leather is super pliable and the colour is just amazing. Thedi craftsmanship is well documented here and, in this first time ever I came in contact with it, I cannot do nothing but agree with everything I read. It is indeed a very very well made jacket.

So, please, give me your insight on the fit. Here are the pictures! My apologies for the poor lighting, this is the 9:30pm British sun, so bear with me. I might take better pictures tomorrow.

20230613_213514~3.jpg
20230613_213648~3.jpg
20230613_213922~3.jpg
20230613_214019.jpg

Thanks, folks!

Last edited:
It does fit you well and indeed just like the cardigans you posted. I feel it should fit shorter but it’s certainly a matter of preference. Objectively speaking, I think it fits you quite well. I think the style would lend itself to a longer fit without the waist level adjusters that are essentially resting on your hips.

mvilla

A-List Customer
I also feel like I could use it a little shorter, however I'm thinking this feeling might be just because now I'm more used to shorter jackets...

Nice observation on the side adjusters height, though! When I line my Dominator's base of collar to this Cossack's, both adjusters fall into the exact same place (notice the difference in length, though! The back length of the cossack is even longer than the front length of the Dominator)

20230613_232538.jpg
20230613_232524.jpg

mvilla

A-List Customer
I think that looks fantastic on you!

if you decide it’s too long, PM me … if dimensions work I may be a buyer:rolleyes:
Haha I'm still having mixed feelings here... While I do love the leather and overall construction of the jacket and am just thrilled about owning a Thedi, I'm still in doubt about if I like the fit. The problem is that we're way past jacket season now, so I'll only have a chance to try and get used to it in a few months time...

The Thedi cut is a bit longer with some front drop. It looks good on you. Not every jacket need to look the same.
Agreed on the fact that not all jackets need to look the same! I already have two shorter "highwayman" looking jacket, and will have one more done by Greg in a few months (hopefully), so perhaps I do need to change the style a little...

Mine fits more or less similar. I love it.

View attachment 525392
That one fits you amazingly well, really like the colour too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner