Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flame Panda boots - new orders accepted and waiting time?

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Hi all,

As I've sent several reminders to Peng back in October (by e-mail and Instagram) I wonder if he still accepts new orders?

In case he still accepts new orders what's the current waiting time? I guess at least 12 months which is OK for me.

Optionally I would order Monkey boots from Tahura Boot Company, Indonesia as their response time is really fast but on the other hand I have no clue about the craftmanship compared to Peng.

I want to order these monkey boots made of olive + cognac oiled Shinki horsebutt as these look fantastic IMO:

upload_2021-11-19_10-44-1.png

upload_2021-11-19_10-44-50.png

Thanks!
Robbie

Roger_af

New in Town
I started discussing with Peng in February of this year, but didn't commit until April when I saw that chocolate Shinki leather. He originally suggested 6-8 months, but now is saying probably February of next year, which would make it around 10 months. He's slow with communication, but mentioned on ig somewhere that he's looking into getting someone that can help him manage communication. It would be nice to wait less than a few months to get a reply, but at least the boots he's been posting have been gorgeous.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
placed my 102 last monkey boot order in January and still yet to receive my order. it maybe 10-12 months to completion time, maybe longer who knows really.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I started discussing with Peng in February of this year, but didn't commit until April when I saw that chocolate Shinki leather. He originally suggested 6-8 months, but now is saying probably February of next year, which would make it around 10 months. He's slow with communication, but mentioned on ig somewhere that he's looking into getting someone that can help him manage communication. It would be nice to wait less than a few months to get a reply, but at least the boots he's been posting have been gorgeous.
First of all welcome to the lounge. I agree the chocolate brown Shinki looks gorgeous - that's why I changed my ordered boots @Benzein from red brown Shinki to dark brown Shinki. I agree that he definitely needs an assistant for replying to e-mails which would in turn allow him to fully focus on manufacturing of boots. I told him in my e-mail that I'm ok with a waiting time of about 12 months (of course shorter waiting time is always good). Which ones did you order? One of these ones? I hope you'll receive them latest by February (just 2-3 months left).

I was torn between the Monkey boots (olive + cognac Shinki) I actually ordered from him today and these two beauties made of chocolate brown Shinki. When I saw these boots I was tempted to cancel my Clinch Engineer boots as IMO it can't get any better than these Flame Panda boots.

upload_2021-11-19_15-23-14.png

upload_2021-11-19_15-24-23.png

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
placed my 102 last monkey boot order in January and still yet to receive my order. it maybe 10-12 months to completion time, maybe longer who knows really.
@Jin431 Which combination (Shinki color) did you order? Btw. congrats on your new Camel Shinki boots - looking good. I recently changed the order from red brown to dark brown Shinki. Other colors like Camel, Natural, Cognac are tempting.

Roger_af

New in Town
I ordered the 181 last since I plan to wear these at work and it's a bit more formal looking. I really love those cap toe that you posted as well as his monkey boots.

I don't mind the wait either, but would love a bit better communication.

I was originally considering placing an order for a pair for my wife once I received mine since it's not that easy to find nice boots for women. Unfortunately her only decent pair of boots is a pair of Red Wings so I'm not super confident on her size - and I'm not sure she'd be interested if it meant waiting a year.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I ordered the 181 last since I plan to wear these at work and it's a bit more formal looking. I really love those cap toe that you posted as well as his monkey boots.

I don't mind the wait either, but would love a bit better communication.

I was originally considering placing an order for a pair for my wife once I received mine since it's not that easy to find nice boots for women. Unfortunately her only decent pair of boots is a pair of Red Wings so I'm not super confident on her size - and I'm not sure she'd be interested if it meant waiting a year.
I guess you mean below last 181 boots (maybe different sole color) which are beautiful, too like most of his creations. Yes, response time should obviously be improved but on the other hand he's a really polite and friendly person to talk to and he's really grateful for the business. I waited a couple of weeks for his response after sending multiple reminders but I know the reason were not annoyed about the delay at all - I was just wondering if he still accepts any new orders due to lack of communication. That's why I started this thread....maybe he read this thread as he replied just one hour later

upload_2021-11-19_15-49-42.png

Roger_af

New in Town
Yeah, those are very similar to what I'm expecting.

He's super friendly and apologetic about the wait. I try to limit the number of emails I send him so that he doesn't get even more bogged down replying.

matchankh

One of the Regulars
If you have access to taobao the response is quick. It is one of the the requirements of the platform. Most of the shops on there reply in seconds if not the platform will probably shut you down I think.

I got lucky and got a pair of ready stock 181 recently through the taobao webshop. I have never went mto with peng because of the waiting time but I lurk around for second hand stuff etc.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
@Jin431 Which combination (Shinki color) did you order? Btw. congrats on your new Camel Shinki boots - looking good. I recently changed the order from red brown to dark brown Shinki. Other colors like Camel, Natural, Cognac are tempting.

102 last is the sleeker looking monkey boot, in black shinki horse butt, green upper stitching, unstructured toe, single midsole, natural edge, double row stitchdown in white thread, black dr sole super grip full sole.

thanks man, it's a very different design from my usual footwear and it's my first tan boots so I'm excited to receive it and put it to good use. the cognac is really nice and the natural too. I just saw the burgundy shinki Lofgren and that looks killer too

KHaves

New in Town
Hello guys,

i just received my Flamepanda boots in Olive Shinki horsebutt. It took a full year from when I placed order/deposit to receiving the boots here in the USA. They are very well made. Unbelievably heavy, the break in period is going to be tough I think.

Anyone else have experience breaking in a pair of Flamepanda boots??

Attachments

• C9337C43-6E2E-4754-BADA-A7B45A7B45CE.jpeg
    C9337C43-6E2E-4754-BADA-A7B45A7B45CE.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 293
  • 561DF816-B6D7-40B4-8C83-8653C8D2C257.jpeg
    561DF816-B6D7-40B4-8C83-8653C8D2C257.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 289
  • 71AB4673-923B-4F7E-BC9B-5150559EF766.jpeg
    71AB4673-923B-4F7E-BC9B-5150559EF766.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 314
  • F9A0E3B4-6C33-48BA-8CAF-B08F28D388C1.jpeg
    F9A0E3B4-6C33-48BA-8CAF-B08F28D388C1.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 407

matchankh

One of the Regulars
Congratulations. Beautiful boots!

It normally takes me about 2-3 months to fully break in a pair of Flame pandas. It really is no fun at the beginning.

I found the reason why these boots are so robust and heavy. It is because of the lining leather. I bought a pair from him recently with no lining leather and they were instantly comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot