Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flash Sale: Rare Admiral Byrd Pony Hide 44

KBlake

One Too Many
This is some of the nicest horsehide I’ve handled. It’s a bit too big on me so I’m offering it here for a short time before someone bids on it on EBay. If someone jumps on this before I get a bid on eBay I’ll remove the listing there and vice versa. This jacket got a lot of interest here when it was posted in the finds and deals thread or it may have been my post about it in how many jackets do you have coming.

$525 shipped in CONUS. Payment via Zelle or Venmo.
IMG_7925.jpeg
IMG_7927.jpeg
IMG_7926.jpeg
IMG_7928.jpeg
IMG_7929.jpeg
IMG_7930.jpeg
IMG_7931.jpeg
IMG_7932.jpeg
IMG_7933.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Very nice. This looks to be Roughwear Clothing jacket under their Admiral Byrd label. They dropped the patented "two way pocket" for a more modern front pocket look. The low back adjustment and bottom hem are in keeping with their 40s jackets. The seaming is more robust on this edition and the leather is a thicker cut. Your images demonstrate the high quality of the leather.

I was not aware this label was being used in the 50s. No doubt early 50s. Byrds fame was faded by this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner