Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flechet

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The Flechet of today is nothing like the hats of the past. Todays hats are made in Eastern Europe and China. I would love to have a vintage Flechet from the 1930's. I have only two left from when our store sold them in the 1960's with a 1 3/4" brim.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Aerol

A-List Customer
I own one

I bought a Flechet from this site http://commerce2.franchap.com/acatalog/FRANCHAP__CATALOGUE_CHAPEAUX_FLECHET_CLASSIQUES__121.html
about a year ago.

The price was great and the service adequate. The hat is a different story. The felt is stiff and feels cheap. The maker's label, which was glued into the liner, fell off in about a month. You get what you pay for.

I wear the hat with a yellow and black Gore-Tex jacket and it really looks great.

I was at the CES in Las Vegas in January. In one week three people just came up to me to compliment me on the hat. In fact, one girl, obviously "over-served" and celebrating her 21st birthday with her girl-friends, wanted me to give her the hat as a birthday present. She finally shouted "Mister, your hat rocks!"

Not bad, considering my daughter is only one-year younger.

just got one off the Bay

This was auction pic:
Fletchet.jpg

This was "out of the box"
IMG_4896.JPG

This was after I had my way with it
IMG_4898.JPG

IMG_4900_1.JPG

It has the Made in U.S.A. tag in it, the felt is stiff and definitely lower end, but it fits good and I like it, and for for $18 shipped, I am a happy camper!

FLECHET Hat

purchased a pair off etsy. A gray cheap price $17.00
The brim feel very stiff, how can I soften her up.
I am waitin on a brown model from the 40th, I will post some pics.

Anyone have an knowledge of the "Flechet " hat? terms of quality, durability, etc.

Any info will be most helpful.

Best regards
CCJOE

guillaumeb

One of the Regulars
I just got one made of linen yesterday from a local hat store. it looks a lot like this one.
Inside, they say it was made in Italy.

I believe the quality is as good as a standard Stetson (about the same price as well)

new2hats

A-List Customer
I have 2 fletchets from ebay. They say from Canada, but don't know the age. Love them, they are awesome.

madamejane

New in Town
Hello,

I've been given a European Flechet hat to resize and re-block for a friend. And it got me thinking about from what period it is from. I would love some advice on dating hats.

Here's what I know:

The sweatband is made from cardboard
The lining is machine sewn
I assume it is rabbit fur felt (Did Flechet do beaver?)
Brim: 6.5 cm
Crown Height: 12cm

Looking forward to hear from you guy.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_5797.jpg
    IMG_5797.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 364
  • IMG_5799.jpg
    IMG_5799.jpg
    1,019.2 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_5800.jpg
    IMG_5800.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 342
  • IMG_5798.jpg
    IMG_5798.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 325

madamejane

New in Town
The sweatband is made from cardboard?

Or it's just leather in really bad shape?
It is definitely made from paper to look like leather.

I found this on the Vintage Fashion Guild website.

''Nineteenth century sweatbands were typically of leather, though some were oiled silk and some were made of a paper-based leatherette. Plastic-based imitation leather sweatbands first appeared in the late 1930s but weren’t widely used for another two decades. The foam sweatbands of the 1960s were designed to be more comfortable and absorbent than leather and, at first, were more expensive.''' (http://vintagefashionguild.org/hat-resource/sweatband)

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner