Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flight jacket UAE

JuliaG

One of the Regulars
Dear guys,

Asking for help. Does anyone know a place in UAE where one can buy flight sheepskin jacket online?
Thanks!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Doesn't the country matter when you buy online? Or is it then a customs, shipping or returns issue?
I think I once read about someone from UAE who then ordered from Pakistan. If I remember correctly.

CBI

One Too Many
UAE would be What Price Glory - budget Irvin and B-3

from their website:

Due to the expansion of WPG as the largest worldwide supplier of reenactor uniforms and equipment, we have established our central Logistics Hub in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, which ships 90% of orders while the rest are handled via our smaller US Warehouse.

JuliaG

One of the Regulars
Thank you much! Ive heard this nane before. Are the original?
UAE would be What Price Glory - budget Irvin and B-3

from their website:

Due to the expansion of WPG as the largest worldwide supplier of reenactor uniforms and equipment, we have established our central Logistics Hub in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, which ships 90% of orders while the rest are handled via our smaller US Warehouse.

JuliaG

One of the Regulars
Doesn't the country matter when you buy online? Or is it then a customs, shipping or returns issue?
I think I once read about someone from UAE who then ordered from Pakistan. If I remember correctly.
Yes, customs ..

JuliaG

One of the Regulars
Im particularly interested in Schott and Cockpit. If you know where to buy them outside EU or USA, or Japan or Korea, that info would be much appreciated too. It seems nowhere..

Aloysius

Thank you much! Ive heard this nane before. Are the original?

WPG is basically the lowest quality military reproduction brand. Occasionally they will release something well made but it is always a guessing game.
Im particularly interested in Schott and Cockpit. If you know where to buy them outside EU or USA, or Japan or Korea, that info would be much appreciated too. It seems nowhere..

Five Star Leather makes truly excellent B-3, AN-J4 (think B-3, except even better), and Irvin/RAF jackets. They are based in Pakistan so they're far easier to order for international audiences.

Aloysius

Yes I remember them. Are they not a guessing game?

The guessing game is when people are developing custom designs through them.

Their military sheepskin flight jackets are all good and patterned off of originals. They’re very well received by collectors of originals, who lent Five Star their wartime jackets to study.

JuliaG

One of the Regulars
Great, thanks!
I remember talking to Shaun (Shaun?) and that time it looked to me that he normally does custom.

By the way, exact copies for regular use may be not as comfortable and rather might be more valuable for collectors, is that correct?

Aloysius

By the way, exact copies for regular use may be not as comfortable and rather might be more valuable for collectors, is that correct?

On the contrary those patterns were very well developed, better than customized versions in my view. Especially the naval patterns (which is why I prefer the AN-J4 design to the B-3).

JuliaG

One of the Regulars
Im looking now at M-445 and M-444. Last one's collar looks much smaller to me than the first one's. How much do they weigh approximately?

I also like very much the repro of the USSR flight jacket! Thinking maybe to order it in leather! Has anyone got this USSR jacket??

The D-1 and B-6 and Irvins which I was interested at first looked surprisingly rough to me, correct me if Im wrong, please.

Aloysius

Some of the D-1s have old and quite bad 5* photography, so she could be thinking of that? But none of the Irvins do.

The USSR flight jacket is stunning. Nice combination of the warmth of fur with the ‘clean’ appearance and wind resistance of cloth.

MrProper

The D-1 and B-6 and Irvins which I was interested at first looked surprisingly rough to me, correct me if Im wrong, please.
So the D-1 is really civil and simple. I find it the best choice.
The M-44x look more military.
I had a shearling made and took the m-444 as a base, but then changed some details.
Maybe this is also a variant?

1668896332763.jpeg

JuliaG

One of the Regulars
Sorry, have some problems with citations.
Aloysius, I meant the leather looks rugged, not like the one on Schott jackets, for ex.
Cab, im afraid the customization will only confuse us as we are not experienced in it, so wed better prefer regular options.

I still think of USSR made of sheepskin, not twill. Not sure if that us possible.

Aloysius

Sorry, have some problems with citations.
Aloysius, I meant the leather looks rugged, not like the one on Schott jackets, for ex.
Cab, im afraid the customization will only confuse us as we are not experienced in it, so wed better prefer regular options.

I still think of USSR made of sheepskin, not twill. Not sure if that us possible.

I think you mean the antique finish on the leather? You can opt for a different sheepskin without that treatment.

The USSR design is made of sheepskin with a twill exterior. If you want just sheepskin, go for the American AN-J4/M-445 or British Irvin.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany