Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fondling hats

spiridon

A-List Customer
This past weekend as I was going thru, sorting, trying to decide which of my felts would be boxed up for the Summer and replaced by Straws......I found myself fondling my felt hats.....sad to see them being stored away for the long Summer season. Am I alone in this madness, is there a support group of some sort that might help me through these trying times.:eek: :( ;)

Truthfully, there was some serious head scratching trying to decide WHICH felts to put away and which ones to keep in rotation. I know I probably kept too many of my felts out.......but just couldn't bear to part with them. I kept telling myself I could do without "this one", or do without "that one" while at the same time justifying holding them out because I would HAVE to have this "Brown" one or that "Grey" one to go with a certain suit or occasion.[huh]

Decisions.......decisions....:rolleyes: lol

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not an easy task Jon. I don't envy you. I will need to do the same thing in a few weeks.

johnnycanuck

touch my hat. You know you want to.

I can't quite relate yet as I don't rotate my stock per season yet. They can all still fit on my wall. But I do give them all a brushing every few weeks and take some enjoyment out of the feel of the fabric. I personally would not call it fondling, but each to there own.

That actually reminds me of the last time I was in the local hat shop. The rather attractive, young female attendant noticed my hat and wanted to have a closer look. Soon there was a small gathering of all the women in the shop to cop a feel of my felt. Lets just say, all were impressed with the magic that is my custom Art VS.
Johnny

Rick Blaine

johnnycanuck said:
I can't quite relate yet as I don't rotate my stock per season yet.

H*LLS BELLS, Johnny! If I lived in AB (or anywhere in Canuckistan for that matter)I would wear felt year 'round (lucky dog). I will never forget the 1st time I visited Calgary; 3rd June & SNOWING!!! Down here in Hillbilly h*ll the straw season is already upon us with a vengeance... this week...back to the OP tho'. I must admit to uh, enjoying the tactile attributes, let us say, of many of my felts in the evening while trying to choose a lid for the next day... so no, ya'll are not alone in this rather peculiar habit :eek:

feltfan

nudge nudge

Say no more! Say no more!

Nudge_nudge_2.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
johnnycanuck said:
Soon there was a small gathering of all the women in the shop to cop a feel of my felt. Lets just say, all were impressed with the magic that is my custom Art VS.

Maybe Art needs to work this into his marketing materials...;)

Cheers,
Jimmy

johnnycanuck

Why do I feel like anything slogan I come up with will be removed from this thread for decency reasons:eek: . At the same time any slogan I come up with I can see a teenager buying a t-shirt with it slapped across it….:p

Jerekson

One Too Many
I wear felt hats in sweltering heat and just deal with it. In my eyes the only hat is a felt hat. Call me crazy :rolleyes:

TaxMan1

One of the Regulars
So, I finally get me collection of felt's up to three(well, 2 and a wool) and I gotta put 'em away? Back to my one straw? Is there another "hobby" that's not quite so expensive? :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner