Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear for Winter

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Land-O-LakesGal said:
Ok I love those sneaker ones but again practical hahahahalol

Do you have your sorrels ready like the rest of us northern ladies ZombieGirl?

Yup. :rolleyes: I live in a small town where practicality is king so I'm not worried about what boots I'll be stepping out in on most days. If I run into some cute boots that would work for dressing up I might buy them but I'm not too worried about it.

Lottie

Familiar Face
I ordered these yesterday:

(flip flops city hikers)

hopefully they'll fit.
Not all too glamourous, I know, but having torn/injured almost every ligament there is in my left knee in the past 3 years I'm really not going wear heels when it starts to snow here (last year there was ice on almost every sidewalk..). And they look warm and comfy and a bit less rigid than my usual doc martens. :)

Porcelina

New in Town
http://www.shoon.com/womens-shoes/boots-casual-boots/cara-lace-wash-ankle-black.htm

I just bought these! Very comfortable, and to replace a well-worn pair exactly like them but with a much lower heel. They have lasted me about 5 years but the sole has finally given out.

Last winter I bought a pair of Victorian style knee-high boots from Jones the Bootmaker, completely gorgeous, so I think with these 2 pairs I am set for winter! Phew! That's the boots dilemma over with with a good couple of years I hope.

D

Deleted member 12480

Have just seen TWO of the perfect pairs of boots, but the shop in my city centre's website hasn't updated from Spring to Autumn yet! COME ON, I need to spread the beauty.

I'll describe them for now. ;)

First is a lower-heel ankle boot in brown leather that's kind of a wrap-style closing - I'm not sure if you do them up or if you just slip your foot in, with a fur trim around the top.

The second pair have a higher heel and lace up. They have a fur trim too, but the trim goes right down the front of the shoe, with the laces and are black.

Both are exquisite, and I am hoping to purchase a pair, so if I get some I will post pictures for you!

xx

D

Deleted member 12480

I finally bought them!! I think if I can scrounge enough money next month, i'm gonna buy the brown. Brown has a zip and a lower heel. really authentic looking :)

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTItMjAxMDEwMTYtMjMyNC5qcGc.jpg

annet

One of the Regulars
those are cute! very nice :D

i could really use some winter footwear, i don't have anything remotely vintage looking (except for saddle shoes but they won't get me through the coldest month and i don't like wearing them with skirts or dresses. i have large feet for my size and when not partly covered by pant legs the saddles look like boats imho :D)
too bad shops here only tend to sell the super trendy stuff. oh and i'm broke :( maybe i should get my mother to buy me a pair of higher boots..

D

Deleted member 12480

after those babies, (£68!) i am seriously broke now! the company that I bought them from is kangnai, although they don't seem to have updated their website, but in their store they have loads of vintage-inspired footwear! Have you flicked back through this thread? I'm sure there are some that will deliver to where you are!
xxx

annet

One of the Regulars
why is there never enough money for everyone :) i have taken a quick look but i don't want to get tempted too much-and i'm scared i'll buy another high heeled boot so i still don't have anything for long walks! (a very weak back here-can't wear any heels higher than 2.5 inches :()

D

Deleted member 12480

ah that's fair enough. Topshop did some really nice boots last year, suede, flat and furry and they were around the £35 mark, I bet if you have a look at places like ASOS, schuh and things you could find a suitable and pretty boot with no heel! xx

D

Deleted member 12480

you are a very nice person! just saying :)

aaah, you just made my day :')

Annie those boots are gorgeous! I can't wear heels that high any more, alas.

the others are definitely a friendlier height! If they do update their website i will let you know because they are really the most authentic ones i've seen so far! xx

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Annie those boots are gorgeous! I can't wear heels that high any more, alas.
Quite a few booties have a hidden platform inside, and can take off 1/2 -3/4 inch of heel height when you have the shoe on. Unless I'm familiar with the brand, I tend not to buy online because that ratio of heel height v ball of the foot can make a huge difference in comfort.

But I certainly agree with you that the boots Annie bought are adorable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112