Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear for Winter

MissHannah

One Too Many
Sorry to be such a tease, but I've decided to keep both pairs of mine. Soz! I just can't choose between them!

D

Deleted member 12480

ah, thats fine - they are yours after all, thankyou hannah! :) xx

D

Deleted member 12480

Aah just found these, they're quite nice and simple, and don't look too masculine. They also don't have that 'worn' look that a lot of them have at the moment.

1425056220_main.jpg

http://www2.schuh.co.uk/womens-tan-schuh-kimono-collar-lace-ank/1425056220

Tulip

New in Town
deleteduser said:
Aah just found these, they're quite nice and simple, and don't look too masculine. They also don't have that 'worn' look that a lot of them have at the moment.

1425056220_main.jpg

http://www2.schuh.co.uk/womens-tan-schuh-kimono-collar-lace-ank/1425056220

...aaand I'll take a pair of these!

I'm still looking out for tight laced ankle boots in a chesnut-y shade, a lot like Lauren's (sporting a delectable headwear confection, love the feather, yum!), but not so high.

(p.s. Annie I love your blog, you are an utterly adorable creature)

Kiri

One of the Regulars
These are what I'm getting for the winter. They're from the Sears catologue. They're not ideal, but they'll do, and they're half off until December, $100 marked down to $50.

mywintershoes.png

D

Deleted member 12480

Tulip said:
...aaand I'll take a pair of these!

I'm still looking out for tight laced ankle boots in a chesnut-y shade, a lot like Lauren's (sporting a delectable headwear confection, love the feather, yum!), but not so high.

(p.s. Annie I love your blog, you are an utterly adorable creature)

Eek, thankyou lovely! Too kind! :)
xxx

jillybeanlynn

Familiar Face
Booties!

I want to save you guys a more massive pic post than I already have here, so let me just say: head on over to Anthropologie and check out their cute booties!

And of course, Zappos is always responsible for making dents in my paycheck. :)

David Tate:
1224232-p-DETAILED.jpg

LifeStride:
1216437-p-DETAILED.jpg

Rieker:
1179619-p-DETAILED.jpg

Rieker:
1179633-p-DETAILED.jpg

Josef Siebel:
1219234-p-DETAILED.jpg

Indigo by Clarks:
1198415-p-DETAILED.jpg

Frye:
915957-p-DETAILED.jpg

More Frye:
6627-465641-d.jpg

And more Frye:
15020-d.jpg

I had to throw in the last one, since in my mind it looks so adorable with a dress and cinched coat.

~jillybean

RosebudMarie

New in Town
oh no, is it boot season already??!! I dread boot season. The stores are full of cute, fashionable boots that are no good in New England weather. Here it's not the cold you worry about - it's the ice! Sheets of glaring ice, sheets of invisible ice, coating the entire walkway from the door to the car. And Lo! Your husband forgot to salt/sand the driveway.

Most of those cute lace-ups I see in the store have barely any grip on the bottom. I had some nice fur-lined slip-on boots but the dog got them.

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
RosebudMarie said:
oh no, is it boot season already??!! I dread boot season. The stores are full of cute, fashionable boots that are no good in New England weather. Here it's not the cold you worry about - it's the ice! Sheets of glaring ice, sheets of invisible ice, coating the entire walkway from the door to the car. And Lo! Your husband forgot to salt/sand the driveway.

Most of those cute lace-ups I see in the store have barely any grip on the bottom. I had some nice fur-lined slip-on boots but the dog got them.

Ugh, you've shattered my reverie lol . It's true though-- from about December to March I wear my clunky old Sorels everywhere, with YakTracks on very bitter days!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
RodeoRose said:
Ugh, you've shattered my reverie lol . It's true though-- from about December to March I wear my clunky old Sorels everywhere, with YakTracks on very bitter days!
Both you gals got it right for us in the upper Midwest too. While all those boots are cute that you gals have been posting they would be filled up with snow in no time at all come December thru March. I guess I need a new pair of sorrels.
sorrel.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Ladies, I'm with you! While we don't normally have snow on the ground from December to March, we're more likely to have ice and sleet storms from December to March. I can't wear boots with a heel in ice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points