Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear for Winter

D

Deleted member 12480

i get the feeling there will suddenly be a lot of people searching that....

MissHannah

One Too Many
I tried so many other search terms but they all brought up bloody Ugg boots! Searching the vintage section for boots is ok as that brings up a small enough amount of results to just search through the whole lot but in the general shoes section you have to narrow it down a lot more.

Oh and the bad news is that the ones I bought fit perfectly :)
I wouldn't wear them with trousers as they are quite cankle-inducing but with a skirt they should look very cute.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
D

Deleted member 12480

oh there are some cool results when you search that. Still haven't seen any like MissHannah's though! :'(

xxx

Kiri

One of the Regulars
Same here Annie. I've searched multiple times on both Ebay and Etsy. I'm beginning to think I'll never find any Winter shoes. I still have lots of time though I suppose. . .

Lillemor

One Too Many
I think I've had my winter boots for soon 10 years. They're flat, black, leather, lace up, ankle high. I dread the thought that I may have to replace them some day because these are as good as hiking boots but look nice too. All the snow hiking boots today have a very sporty look that just isn't my style and won't look right with anything I own. I'll wear holes in the soles before I'll even consider replacing them!

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Lillemor, if you love them that much you might be able to have them repaired at a shoe repair shop. I've never done it but it might worthwhile if you're really invested in your boots.

Lillemor

One Too Many
ZombieGirl said:
Lillemor, if you love them that much you might be able to have them repaired at a shoe repair shop. I've never done it but it might worthwhile if you're really invested in your boots.

I don't know if they can replace the entire bottom but then the boots won't have that ECCO durable and comfortable bottom.

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
DSC06024.JPG

I am thankful I don't get snow but once every ten years or so! I think these will work for me for day to day wear with trousers, leather uppers, look like they may have been worn once. Only 50 cents at the thrift store today!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Kiri said:
Thanks. :) -sigh- I'm about a size 7 to 7 1/2 because my feet are apparently rather wide. The thing is, I can still fit into my old size 5 shoes. Which I don't understand, but ah well, I wish I had tinier feet. You're right, all the vintage shoes I see are about a size 5.

Kiri we are about the same size I have wide feet too and wear 7 1/2 to an 8 (although the eight usually just gets me the width I need so does not work in open toes shoes). I looked for years for vintage shoes and I have a few pairs that I found in time so keep looking you will find something eventually. Personally I am so afraid to wreck my vintage pairs I usually stick with the repros as I know I could replace. Sorry if I am getting a bit off topic..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy