Footwear to go with our jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Nov 4, 2017.

1. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Those Luccheses look nice. I've wanted a pair of ropers for quite some time

ButteMT61 likes this.
  2. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Butte, that leather looks super-nice. What jacket are you planning to wear with them? I was just thinking they'd look killer with one of the Thedi Plisskin-style jackets.

3. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Bob, they go with anything really. Already took 'em out with the Ventura and an old civi A-2. Kids (20's somethings) all liked 'em with my selvedge jeans so I think they're fairly versatile. Almost hipster looking, but not quite.
    I think the thing that shocked me most was getting a zipped pair. I'm already looking at another pair in black, and while I'll always love jackets, having more than 3-4 leather pieces isn't too wise here. I'll keep adding footwear in the meantime. It's a lot of fun, and I can use the mindless task of polishing to getting out my anxiety...

4. Dickie Teenie

Dickie Teenie A-List Customer

Following up on Butte's post I have a pair of Western toe Morrison's (not my picture) that I really like, so underrated I think. I'm going to order another at 9" in July in some brown CXL horsehide. I can't find a picture of Wesco's in that leather but Role Club uses it and it's a really tasty color.

morrison.jpg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  5. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

That is certainly an interesting avenue to explore :)
    I have looked at it and it certainly is another rabbit hole, scarily enough it goes very well with our jackets!

ButteMT61 likes this.
  6. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

@Dickie Teenie - just conversing with Brian the Bootmaker over some custom boots. The Role's are epic.
    @red devil - it IS a rabbit hole to be sure, but here, leather jacket have such a short period each year that I've gone over to acquiring other gear like boots, belts, etc. Same leather fetish, but usable year-round...

7. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

Butte, I'm typically not a fan of ropers or zippers on boots but those are nice. The triad design really works.

ButteMT61 likes this.
  8. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Like I said above, me too! But when you have them on and zipped, you just don't see 'em. And at the end of the day - when boots are a b*tch to take off, it helps a lot!

Bamaboots likes this.
  9. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Always fascinated by the Morrison’s. Wesco Western toe Cannot be unstructured though? Right? They say it has to have a support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Dickie Teenie

Dickie Teenie A-List Customer

Brian did a killer Roper if you've caught the bug hard, I also contacted Brian but I just can't go the full mile when Wesco can get me within spitting distance. Speaking of which I just ordered a pair of horsehide Jobmasters and decided to order some Horween butt strips to make a matching belt and to show my fetish dedication I plan on Mexican braiding the belt in Roo lace. One has no idea of what's involved time wise, just doing a couple wallets has prepared me but the belt braiders charge 5 large!

davyjones007, El Marro and ButteMT61 like this.
  11. Monitor

Monitor

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  12. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

13. Marv

Marv A-List Customer

I've been rocking the Chukka/Desert boots for about the past year depending on the occasion (formal/casual), as it's moving into spring/summer the Clarks Originals Desert boots in various colours are making a big appearance.

davyjones007 likes this.
  14. Powerband

Powerband Practically Family

I just got 3 new pairs of Allen Edmonds. The 2 casual sneakers help dress down a leather jacket, but they go great with any old pair of jeans and shirt. For the price, AE shoes are incredibly well-built and they seem particularly durable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael A, navetsea, torfjord and 2 others like this.
  15. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nigel Cabourn Army Trainer

Nigel Cabourn Army Trainer Black 001.jpg

Michael A, Monitor and ProteinNerd like this.
  16. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

@Superfluous do you find the sole is bonded better to the canvas upper vs say a converse as per their marketing spiel? The big issue I have with converse is the sole always splits from the upper near the area adjacent to the ball of the foot.

17. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

The Cabourns are definitely bonded better than Converse.

ProteinNerd likes this.
  18. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

John Lofgren M-43

0B62A773-0863-40C0-B218-6E547428030A.jpeg No Jacket Today, but I just received these and couldn’t be happier!

19. lina

lina Practically Family

Rolling Dub Trio:
    RDT 2018, 2.JPG RDT 2018, 1.JPG

Alexlutov, mtrlr, Loanshark and 12 others like this.
  20. hondurasdave47

hondurasdave47 Practically Family