Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

It took 3 coats of Bison Brown dye, but I think these Black Cherry Redwings are starting to be a good match.
IMG_4409.JPG

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
OK speaking of too machy machy what is the norm these days, brown shoes, brown belt, brown jacket, brown hat? And black..................

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
OK speaking of too machy machy what is the norm these days, brown shoes, brown belt, brown jacket, brown hat? And black..................

Actually I am a bit curious how you think about matching shoes and accessories with your jackets?

My take is that if you dress in a suit matching the color of your shoes and your belt is a good idea. But that rule does not apply to leather fetish freaks like us. On a normal day I usually walk out the door with at least five visible items of leather (jacket, shoes, belt, lanyard, watch strap). Color matching them would look weird(er?) imo

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Actually I am a bit curious how you think about matching shoes and accessories with your jackets?

My take is that if you dress in a suit matching the color of your shoes and your belt is a good idea. But that rule does not apply to leather fetish freaks like us. On a normal day I usually walk out the door with at least five visible items of leather (jacket, shoes, belt, lanyard, watch strap). Color matching them would look weird(er?) imo

Good question. I'm kinda interested in "the rules" but, I think most people don't really notice, or care one way or the other. I only recently learned about matching a belt with shoes but, didn't know it only applied when wearing a suit. Having said that, why not match a black jacket with a black belt, shoes, and if you wear one, a hat?

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Despite being in Perth Western Australia as opposed to being in the US I have a now huge collection of Lucchese boots from Texas. Gathered over nearly 30 years and I still have each successive pair.

Ropers in
Black Cherry Ostrich
Brown Ostrich
Natural (fawn) sueded Hippo ( yes HIPPOPOTAMUS !)
Buffalo Black
Buffalo Brown
Calf ( steer) Black
Calf ( steer) Brown
Calf (steer) light brown/Tan

Western boots in
"Natural" (fawn) Alligator (actually soft pliable and forgiving)
Crocodile in Black ( look like the Alligator but as hard as a lady of the night's heart !)
Ostrich in black
Python in natural
Snake ( rattler !) in black
Calf (steer) in Black/Red 2 tone ( very 'Bon Jovi" and 25+ years ago!)

Bought my first pair in a shop in Sunset Strip in LA called "Paris Go" and repurchased there every US trip for several years.

10.5 D to 11 E depending on style and when purchased

I do have my favourites , but don't let the others know !

Of late eBay and the internet have fuelled my addiction ( 'Zact same as leather jackets haha..)

but I do have "ENOUGH" AND HAVE NOT BOUGHT FOR A FEW YEARS NOW...boots that is...

Ropers I wear to work most cooler days , Western boots when riding my Harley , at least twice a week and sometimes every day. Indeed a pair of Buffalo ropers saved my left foot in 2009 when a 75 year old myopic Catholic priest side swiped me ( "failure to yield I believe") My 2006 Anniversary Dyna was totalled but my foot was OK !

Greek cobbler reheeled those Ropers , did an excellent job and you would not know !

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Good question. I'm kinda interested in "the rules" but, I think most people don't really notice, or care one way or the other. I only recently learned about matching a belt with shoes but, didn't know it only applied when wearing a suit. Having said that, why not match a black jacket with a black belt, shoes, and if you wear one, a hat?

I don’t know if “the rules” say it’s only pertinent to match leathers when in a suit. It’s merely my opinion that if you’re wearing a leather jacket with belt and shoes (and maybe other accessories as well), it looks a bit overmatched if you color match all items. Unless you’re wearing black! If you’re wearing black you can color match all you want imo

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I match leather/accessories. Black belt, watch strap and jacket with black/gray/blue sneakers. Brown belt, watch strap and jacket with brown/olive sneakers. I never wear a black jacket with brown sneakers, nor a brown jacket with black or gray sneakers. To my untrained, subjective eye, mixing browns and blacks is discordant/incongruous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points