Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That being said, your comment made me realise I should have a red jacket from most major makers I like :D

I am thinking I need to red from Electric Leather Studios, Langlitz (another Death Head?) and Vanson
I’m glad I provided a bit of inspiration! Keeping my eyes peeled for more red leather around here.

red devil

@red devil I love those snakeskin jodhpur boots - any links? I've really quite fancied a pair of snakeskin boots for when I'm feeling a little.... Johnny Thunders.... Have seen a nice pair or two of cowboy boots in a snakeskin, but those jodhpurs take it to a new level!

I got these from Beinzein, the Indonesian maker, I though they would be a bit sleeker than their chelsea, but they actually look chunkier.

You can see the difference between the jodhpur and the chelsea

XF9oO5o.jpg

thk5rtl.jpg

And here compared to the sleeker Carmina

rnVEAHy.jpg

All three

m1QtoGi.jpg

Edit: I contacted Benzein through Instagram https://www.instagram.com/benzeinshoes/

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I got these from Beinzein, the Indonesian maker, I though they would be a bit sleeker than their chelsea, but they actually look chunkier.

You can see the difference between the jodhpur and the chelsea

XF9oO5o.jpg

thk5rtl.jpg

And here compared to the sleeker Carmina

rnVEAHy.jpg

All three

m1QtoGi.jpg

Edit: I contacted Benzein through Instagram https://www.instagram.com/benzeinshoes/
I like the way you roll! Whens the sharkskin arriving?

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Alright, so I’m completely at a loss here and I differ to the wisdom of this forum to educate me.

I’m looking for a decent pair of boots and of course I’d like to wear them with my jackets that so far consist of black leather half belts. More jackets to come, but that‘s it for now.

Backstory, I have terrible foot issues and to date, I haven’t bothered buying anything other than orthotic footwear. Lately I’ve seen some progress with my foot health and I’d like to ease into some decent boots to compliment my jackets.

Due to the nature of my feet issues, I’ve been told that these vibram cristy soles are comfortable and the sizes (20 last) will accommodate my orthodics. That said, my choices are limited.

The question is …. is it a fashion faux pas to wear brown tones like these …?

9D0C1FCA-063D-43CC-BAC7-1A32993F7A15.png
2414C4D7-D44A-4210-BAF0-077364627295.png
with black jackets. It would appear these are my only choices with this manufacturer …

Please let me know your thoughts.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up

3650 pictures and opinions

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Or as our very own @Monitor said just yesterday in another thread:

Any discussion on this is, in my opinion, zenith of bad taste. You can either match your leathers perfectly, should you prefer to do so, or mismatch it to the extreme that might be considered comical (which I personally prefer) but anyone telling you that either is wrong (or right) is a clown.

red devil

3650 pictures and opinions

A great ressource already, @Brandrea33 , just bring the conversation there! :D

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I don't think you can go wrong with either tan or oxblood. Both are classic masculine colours. Just happened that I wore my tan shoes with black jeans today. So this is what tan with black will look like. I would also wear oxblood with black. Black leather jacket really goes with anything. Just adds that extra oomph Rock n Roll vibe.

IMG_6188.JPG

Blackadder

First of all, do you want a pair of work boots or outdoor boots to go with your jackets? I am sure there are lots of orthotic boots out there. Some even resemble the work boots or outdoor boots you see here. Those must be more comfortable than the cristy sole because the cristy sole though easier to wear than say one with heels and all, it is still a thick hard to bend sole compared to the primitive rubber sole on say a pair of Converse.
Look for a pair of orthotic Chelsea boots. IMO, even a pair of Blundstone would be more comfortable than a pair of work boots with cristy sole.
Even though the Truman you like are not really work boots, they do imitate traditional work boots with heavy materials and solid old method construction.

Last edited:

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I don't think you can go wrong with either tan or oxblood. Both are classic masculine colours. Just happened that I wore my tan shoes with black jeans today. So this is what tan with black will look like. I would also wear oxblood with black. Black leather jacket really goes with anything. Just adds that extra oomph Rock n Roll vibe.

View attachment 406750
bravo ! They look fantastic!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
First of all, do you want a pair of work boots or outdoor boots to go with your jackets? I am sure there are lots of orthotic boots out there. Some even resemble the work boots or outdoor boots you see here. Those must be more comfortable than the cristy sole because the cristy sole though easier to wear than say one with heels and all, it is still a thick hard to bend sole compared to the primitive rubber sole on say a pair of Converse.
Look for a pair of orthotic Chelsea boots. IMO, even a pair of Blundstone would be more comfortable than a pair of work boots with cristy sole.
Even though the Truman you like are not really work boots, they do imitate traditional work boots with heavy materials and solid old method construction.
That is true for the yellowish cristy sole. But there is a "moreflex" one now that's made of EVA foam I believe. It still holds the shape but a lot softer than the old crusty sole which actually felt as robust and heavy as dainite rubber.
Moreflex is still not as good as Converse per say because it's still leather soled first but a big step forward. Many years ago Cole Haan of all brands had the Nike Air soles. Crappy quality but I admit I owned many pairs purely out of comfort while going through airports.

IMG_6190.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ