Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Psant25

One Too Many
custom black jacks. chocolate sueded elephant goat uppers narrowed shaft sole savers custom edge finish walking heel round toe
12E30A83-7411-4C19-8B36-1319DC101B43.jpeg
900D49E8-33CB-447B-A729-B58EFB251F0B.jpeg

Damon141

Practically Family
Who knew Viberg made dress shoes? Not me until I saw these. I didn't have a decent pair of dress shoes and I have a friend's wedding coming up. *Disclaimer* I do not know formal wear style and I was going to buy a pair of Carmina Oxford's but Viberg had their annual sale and I couldn't resist.

From Viberg:
The Bastion Oxford is an archival pattern created by Edwin Viberg dating back to 1960. It is slightly more formal than the Derby or Rockland Blucher because it features a closed lacing system in which the quarters, the side tabs where the shoelace eyelets are punctured, are sewn under the vamp. We have updated the original style by tightly trimming the waist with a round blade, allowing it to contour to the shape of the last.

I wore them for a day out and about and to dinner and they are surprisingly comfortable, Viberg work well for my feet, atleast the few I've tried. The leather is their Regency Calf which is more supple than I expected, nothing like my boots in CXL, Shell, Horsebutt. The leather has highs and lows, I'm not sure if it's an applied finish or patina but I do also see strange marks like they could be branding or scars, gives it character. Stitching is really tight, super fine and close, completely different than my Viberg boots. They probably look clunker than typical oxford's especially given the rubber ridgeway sole but I won't wear them to anything really formal and it makes them easy to pair with jeans so I will get more use out of them.

85EE9375-F170-4B70-BAFF-58E9AC8C4F09.jpeg
E8FA5107-B27F-47FD-A3C0-470696CAB898.jpeg
0C2CA9E0-D305-4C5F-9AAE-A7C944B03D33.jpeg
8750256D-7307-4846-ACFC-F4E417B28AF5.jpeg
7DB68D15-B994-4930-95A7-FF606A319335.jpeg
D70745DA-5DBA-44EF-8D63-F9EE9945C2E3.jpeg
AB4EBB50-92B6-4EDB-B53F-DAB0ACDF54AA.jpeg
1D70750C-2741-4A91-8187-77FD9C3DFD2B.jpeg

Edward

Bartender
Who knew Viberg made dress shoes? Not me until I saw these. I didn't have a decent pair of dress shoes and I have a friend's wedding coming up. *Disclaimer* I do not know formal wear style and I was going to buy a pair of Carmina Oxford's but Viberg had their annual sale and I couldn't resist.

From Viberg:
The Bastion Oxford is an archival pattern created by Edwin Viberg dating back to 1960. It is slightly more formal than the Derby or Rockland Blucher because it features a closed lacing system in which the quarters, the side tabs where the shoelace eyelets are punctured, are sewn under the vamp. We have updated the original style by tightly trimming the waist with a round blade, allowing it to contour to the shape of the last.

I wore them for a day out and about and to dinner and they are surprisingly comfortable, Viberg work well for my feet, atleast the few I've tried. The leather is their Regency Calf which is more supple than I expected, nothing like my boots in CXL, Shell, Horsebutt. The leather has highs and lows, I'm not sure if it's an applied finish or patina but I do also see strange marks like they could be branding or scars, gives it character. Stitching is really tight, super fine and close, completely different than my Viberg boots. They probably look clunker than typical oxford's especially given the rubber ridgeway sole but I won't wear them to anything really formal and it makes them easy to pair with jeans so I will get more use out of them.

View attachment 507805 View attachment 507806 View attachment 507807 View attachment 507808 View attachment 507809 View attachment 507810 View attachment 507811 View attachment 507812

Nice shoes. 'Formal' enough for most contemporary weddings by any measure. Sure, black would have been more formal, but honestly I think it's OTT to buy shoes you'd not wear again for an occasion like that. These look great. Nice shape to them as well - they look a much older design than they are (the underside of the sole is the only real concession to modernity - and I imagine one that would be very welcome on a very wet, Winter day).

Damon141

Practically Family
Nice shoes. 'Formal' enough for most contemporary weddings by any measure. Sure, black would have been more formal, but honestly I think it's OTT to buy shoes you'd not wear again for an occasion like that. These look great. Nice shape to them as well - they look a much older design than they are (the underside of the sole is the only real concession to modernity - and I imagine one that would be very welcome on a very wet, Winter day).
Yeah the sole I had mixed feelings on, I thought maybe a Danite would have a slimmer profile but it rains a lot here so it is functional.

Black, I was actually thinking about a pair of black Chelsea boots that were dressy enough for a suit but could pair with jeans.
Allen Edmonds and Grant Stone have some that are not outrageous in price, Carmina is another but expensive.
Anyone wear Chelsea's with dress pants?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Yeah the sole I had mixed feelings on, I thought maybe a Danite would have a slimmer profile but it rains a lot here so it is functional.

Black, I was actually thinking about a pair of black Chelsea boots that were dressy enough for a suit but could pair with jeans.
Allen Edmonds and Grant Stone have some that are not outrageous in price, Carmina is another but expensive.
Anyone wear Chelsea's with dress pants?

Yes, once in a while I do combine suit&tie with Chelsea boots. RM Williams are my brand of choice.
I actually take them on business trips too, as they are good with some „business casual“ attire too, and I hate to pack more than one pair of shoes.

Edward

Bartender
Yes, once in a while I do combine suit&tie with Chelsea boots. RM Williams are my brand of choice.
I actually take them on business trips too, as they are good with some „business casual“ attire too, and I hate to pack more than one pair of shoes.

I'm in Beijing on work business currently, doing my usual and travelling with penny loafers. Can't beat slip-ons for air travel especially.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I'm in Beijing on work business currently, doing my usual and travelling with penny loafers. Can't beat slip-ons for air travel especially.

Penny loafers have been my go-to business trip shoes for ages.

Don’t have a pair that’s fitting well enough at the moment. Got an stress-fracture from wearing slightly big loafers when running to the gate at Johannesburg airport two years ago, so I switched to Chelseas or the good old lace-ups For the time being. Will be back in the loafer game before long still!

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Leather boots are my first love and what got me into leather in general.
I'm sure a lot of you already know about this contest, but for those who don't I'll share this info here.
Basically buy a new pair of boots and wear them for 6 months however you see fit.
In the end they pick out the best looking ones.
I love the concept and love looking at the winners each year.
Check out the winners of this year:
https://www.stitchdown.com/patina-thunderdome/all-thunderdome-winners-2022-23/
Some examples that I find particularly pleasing esthetically, enjoy!
1682626843658.png

1682626905576.png

1682626925877.png

1682626948290.png

1682626959159.png

1682626970945.png

1682627038906.png

1682627060072.png

1682627078240.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members