Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Agreed, for me this kind of ankle length is very feminin.
Then I guess these are for little girls :p
D1E54E19-D2B6-45E5-BA70-A89255541713.jpeg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
The standard 11" boot looks cool but not everyone can pull it off. Having a shorter shaft might also make the look better proportioned especially for short guys like me

Mich486

One Too Many
One thing to consider with shorter boots like that is that they might get caught up in your trousers every time you sit or bend your legs.

That clearly is not an issue with Chelseas or side zip boots because they are much tighter around the ankle. I really like the first peco boots you posted. Those with a black suede/roughout shaft imho are going to look amazing.

dannyk

One Too Many
I thought I had my next pair picked out. Truman Java Waxed Flesh in my size, Black Friday Sale for 315. They were listed on the sale page but as “coming soon” sign up for email notification when available. Sign up for it. And send Truman an email saying why are they listed as coming soon and what exactly does that mean? Go back an hour or so later and they are gone. No email notification or email back to the question. The no email to the question sure not every place has time to answer. But no email to let me know they are listed. Booo!

Psant25

One Too Many
I think you gotta go at least 8 in for the boots. As someone stated any shorter and every time you sit then stand you will be pulling the pant leg down over the boot again. My honcho boots are 13 inch at the side and the front and back scallop drops about 3 inch. I would not want under 10. I think the fact most engineer boots and cowboy boots are at least say 10-12 inches tells ya something. But if ya like shorter ya like shorter go for it

Psant25

One Too Many
I was a little hesitant on the height of these boots at first. My regular shaft width ropers with pants you can see where the top of the boot is especially when walking since I wear slim pants. This slimmer shaft taller boot is smooth right up to the bottom of the widest part of my calf and walking with slim pants on i dont get that same thing it looks more streamlined or something and I like it a lot

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I thought I had my next pair picked out. Truman Java Waxed Flesh in my size, Black Friday Sale for 315. They were listed on the sale page but as “coming soon” sign up for email notification when available. Sign up for it. And send Truman an email saying why are they listed as coming soon and what exactly does that mean? Go back an hour or so later and they are gone. No email notification or email back to the question. The no email to the question sure not every place has time to answer. But no email to let me know they are listed. Booo!

You were eyeing that too huh lol too bad neither of us could get it. Standard and strange still has the black teacore on last call

Goel

A-List Customer
I was thinking of getting an engineer boot for the longest time until I discovered tanker boots, much better style for me as it's much narrower with a lower heel. It's unfortunate more makers haven't done Tanker boots, in fact the only brand I can think of that has is Eastman which is actually made by John Lofgren/Miyagi Kogyo.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Or for half the price I could take a punt on Prof Barnet’s boots:

View attachment 284201
That design is way off, though. Even Onderhoud needs to redesign parts of his engineer and his look much better than these. Keep in mind, I love my Onderhoud boots and he does have the best designed engineer from Indonesia, but it still needs to be refined in a few ways.

Also, I hate short engineers. 9" height at minimum, with 11" preferred.

edmond

Vendor
problem with bakers is that its always a hit and miss on the sizing with them. most of my friends sold their boots they got from bakers due to sizing issues mostly too small and narrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ