Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
What are characteristics of Pull Up leather (that they use by default) that don't convince you?

From what I have read on forums, watched reviews and from people who bought locally tanned smooth leather the common mention is that the leather is okay but a little thin and it might not last so long compared to imported leather

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
To go with the black Harrington

full

Vezio

One of the Regulars
From what I have read on forums, watched reviews and from people who bought locally tanned smooth leather the common mention is that the leather is okay but a little thin and it might not last so long compared to imported leather
Understand. Thank you so much for your advice. The thing I like about Wolverine boots is the solidity of the leather. Living in Italy, accustomed to a certain type of local manufacture, I must say that the manufacture of Wolverine 1000 mile isn't the top for the price they cost!
Over time, I even noticed that as for the brown pair one boot is taller than the other!

dannyk

One Too Many
Understand. Thank you so much for your advice. The thing I like about Wolverine boots is the solidity of the leather. Living in Italy, accustomed to a certain type of local manufacture, I must say that the manufacture of Wolverine 1000 mile isn't the top for the price they cost!
Over time, I even noticed that as for the brown pair one boot is taller than the other!
Wolverine in my opinion are not worth the cost at all. Don’t get me wrong they make some pretty cool designs, and their workboot line has some good stuff. The actual work boots that is. But their 1,000 mile boots are not worth the 300-500 dollar range. Their are a lot better boots for that price point.

Last edited:

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

No problem at all. I think the difference is so little that paying extra for the imported leather is the best option to go at this time. Those 1000 mile boots look clean. I always liked them too. That's great to know especially coming from an Italian. Thanks for sharing, pls post your boots as well when you can. It's always nice seeing worn boots

Vezio

One of the Regulars
No problem at all. I think the difference is so little that paying extra for the imported leather is the best option to go at this time. Those 1000 mile boots look clean. I always liked them too. That's great to know especially coming from an Italian. Thanks for sharing, pls post your boots as well when you can. It's always nice seeing worn boots
OK, I'll post some pics when I wear them.

Vezio

One of the Regulars
Wolverine in my opinion are not worth the cost at all. Don’t get me wrong they make some pretty cool designs, and their workbook line has some good stuff. The actual work boots that is. But their 1,000 mile boots are not worth the 300-500 dollar range. Their are a lot better boots for that price point.
I fully agree.

Psant25

One Too Many
Love these^^

carters just updated his site and has some great pics of boots. Carters are made by honcho i believe. Hondo is different. I have two pair custom honcho boots coming.

These pics make me want to try the peanut buffalo! My boots i got the shaft smaller, low heel, round toe, leather midsole, 3/4 welt, vibram western sole. Horsebutt is horween cxl hh.

Again, prices are great for el paso usa made boots!

https://cartersboots.com/collections/mens-western-boots

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
Love these^^

carters just updated his site and has some great pics of boots. Carters are made by honcho i believe. Hondo is different. I have two pair custom honcho boots coming.

These pics make me want to try the peanut buffalo! My boots i get the shaft smaller. Horsebutt is horween cxl.

Again, prices are great for el paso usa made boots!

https://cartersboots.com/collections/mens-western-boots
Do it. I bet peanut buffalo would look fantastic in a western boot. I love exotic leathers.

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
I also received my Chelsea boots too. They fit better than my benzein service boot so that's great. I think I like the cigar horse rump more than my black shinki

What outsole did you get?
Nice. These are my first pair of shinki boots so the jury is still out, but my initial reaction is positive. It's already popping some grain and they are so light and flexible. The leather feels like it needs zero break in.

dannyk

One Too Many
I’d like to buy some Type 3 Service Boots. I know there are much better/nicer variants out there besides At The Front and WW2 Impressions. But I’m looking for the closest in style to originals. I also want to dub them like they did back then. So I don’t want to buy any really nice pairs of similar rough-out styles, and potentially make them ugly or ruin them ha. So those are my two choices for close to originals, still nice enough to actually wear and use and not baby them, and able to be dubbed with no regrets. I’ve heard that ATF and WWI now both use HH Brown as the makers and should be almost 100% identical minus one or two little things they may have dictated. ATF once had a worse rep on this front but a few years ago did a massive overhaul and I’ve heard good stuff about their recent things. The differences are ATF are 299 and Impressions I think we’re 255. If they are relatively the same I should go cheaper-thing is they are always sold out. I’ve checked in on and off for months and they are just always sold out. So if any of our fine members here have any experience with these makers/boots I would love the feedback. Thanks everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner