Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Some recent wears. Same boots as I’ve had for a while. I think next pair will be either cowboy boots (black caiman?) or perhaps Alden Jumper boots (less sure)

Whites semi dress brown dress, Wesco Boss 7500, Whites Bakers Oxford roughout, whites semi dress black

1C0EA3A7-A761-4AFE-948A-7CAFA992C6B8.jpeg
451A9F71-1223-47F9-9495-B008E77904B0.jpeg
0520D968-847C-4009-AEDE-494AA62A28F1.jpeg
A8B9B981-03AE-4CF5-BA43-30A242457B9E.jpeg

I just watched this video:

Surprised to see that some of the designer brands cut costs putting a shitty plastic heel. Hope it's not the case on any of yours

Sadly, both my Saint Laurent boots have hollowed plastic heel but it is something I was aware of prior to buying them so I don't feel cheated. I still wanted these because of the look and of course, the leather which to me is worth the (used) price tag. Both pairs are otherwise built very sturdily, they don't feel light or flimsy at all and with proper maintenance, I feel they'd hold up just fine.

This wasn't always the case. 2013-2016 SLP boots were made in Spain, by Sendra, which is renowned for durable, quality footwear so people were getting good footwear at the time.

Coincidentally, the From the First/Posh Italy knock-offs (the exact same boot style as in the video) is made entirely in leather (heel and all) and is built like a tank. These aren't cheap, either! At 300 Euros, you do get a good pair of boots. I've been living in mine for my entire recent London and Greece trip and there's barely any sign of wear on 'em.

The brown harness boots also have plastic heel and are made in the USA.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Well I finally got myself a decent pair of boots a while ago. These Viberg 310 service boots. I have horrible foot pain, so finding boots I can wear was a tall order. These allow me to insert my orthotics and walk pain free (for the most part).

View attachment 459318 View attachment 459319
What is your foot pain caused by? I have flat feet and great toe arthritis. The 55 last from whites has so much arch support, a lot more than my orthotics, that i could walk to mars in them.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Well I finally got myself a decent pair of boots a while ago. These Viberg 310 service boots. I have horrible foot pain, so finding boots I can wear was a tall order. These allow me to insert my orthotics and walk pain free (for the most part).

View attachment 459318 View attachment 459319

Other than their medical qualities they also look great! Got the same in a lighter colorway. Your Color would be „Rowdy Dachshund „, if memory serves…

Brandrea33

One Too Many
What is your foot pain caused by? I have flat feet and great toe arthritis. The 55 last from whites has so much arch support, a lot more than my orthotics, that i could walk to mars in them.
I have Morten’s Neuroma and plantar fasciitis. Both conditions tend to work against each other and finding footwear is difficult.

It all started in my later years of playing competitive squash.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Found this recently. Seems to help.
Thank you, yes I’ve tried all manner of treatments and the plantar fasciitis does come and go.

The biggest thing for me is regular stretching.

I realize now in my 50’s that flexibility is VERY underrated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ