Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

jeo

One Too Many
@handymike That's amazing! I don't think I've seen this one from you. Can you please post more pics of the jacket?

Btw, love the boots too! Are those Frye harness boots?

Old pic of me with mine. So upset I sold them! The jacket is H&M and one of the first I bought right out of school once I started to make a little bit of money.

EE320485-BA90-42A7-8015-8050F3BFEA4C.jpeg

Last edited:

lina

Practically Family
Just unboxed these White’s boots, MTO. They got a couple of details wrong, as whites not infrequently does! But overall I’m pretty happy with them.

Attachments

• BAB85094-1C02-4C84-BFBE-4DC2B0BC838C.jpeg
    BAB85094-1C02-4C84-BFBE-4DC2B0BC838C.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 73
  • E883E6C6-9F94-48C2-9DF6-C3F3511EE8E9.jpeg
    E883E6C6-9F94-48C2-9DF6-C3F3511EE8E9.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 76
  • FBD3F3D4-6982-417F-B032-93074A7158D2.jpeg
    FBD3F3D4-6982-417F-B032-93074A7158D2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 69
  • FE583FD1-BFAF-454F-8E13-0B38C6F7E5B4.jpeg
    FE583FD1-BFAF-454F-8E13-0B38C6F7E5B4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 116

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Oh no! I'd missed that entirely. Gutted. I have more than enough black and brown boots, but a pair of these cordovan ones have been on my list for the last three or four years, and now they're out of my size. :'-( If only I'd known....

Hopefully they will find someone else can produce them. I remember Aero did a run of boots made by William Lennon before these. There will hopefully be somebody in Northampton can take them on again.

The Jarrow boots have a delightful simplicity to their design. Look great with everything from casual up to a lounge suit, in a pich. I do actually have a pair of the Town Boots in brown, which are also wonderful. A tiny touch 'fancier', but not so much as to make them look out of place with denim should the occasion call for it.

Just to pick that up: Aero have just posted that they received their “last restock” of the Jarrow and Town boots in black.

Edward

Bartender
Just to pick that up: Aero have just posted that they received their “last restock” of the Jarrow and Town boots in black.

I just can't justify another pair of black boots, but anyone wanting some should jump on these! Fingers crossed for a new supplier for Aero and the return of the oxbloods....

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
I have to admit not giving as much attention to my footwear as I have done for jackets so far, so now I am thinking to remedy this but... I am lacking in ideas.

Technically, we can wear almost any shoes or boots with our jackets as they are in general versatile. But ideally, we would want something as nice as the jackets we spend so much on. So here goes:

- Engineer boots: this is probably the quintessential boot to go with the jackets we wear.
- Work boots: another favourite
- Dress boots: wearing these takes the outfit in another direction, I personally like the look of Jodhpur boots.
- Dress shoes: getting more formal
- Sneakers: certainly not ideal but so damn convenient

So in my case, I have a pair of chippewa engineers but don't wear them that often. It's not a practical shoe to travel with as I always need a boot jack to take them off. How do you guys manage these?
I am thinking it might be interesting to get Lewis Leathers motorcycle boots with zippers such as the westway boots: http://www.lewisleathers.com/productinfo.html?code=boo-w10
Are these comfortable to walk with as well as riding?

No experience with work boots, should probably try something

Dress boots, I have a pair of Jodhpur boots that I like and wear more often then the chippewas but they can sometimes look a bit too dressy (dress shoes even more so). And they are not supposed to be worn everyday in any case.

Sneakers, I am guilty of wearing them much more often than I should. It's just very practical. But I would like to find an alternative.

I know this has probably been discussed many times, but I would be curious to take a fresh new look into this. So please share your experiences and your ideas :)
Cowboy boots.

Psant25

One Too Many
RW 8138
Recent acquisition…
Love those. Tried them out when I bought my 10875s, but they did not have my size in stock. leather was both robust/sturdy and also a little supple/soft which was great.

What are your observations compared to your other RW moc toes if you do not mind sharing?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Love those. Tried them out when I bought my 10875s, but they did not have my size in stock. leather was both robust/sturdy and also a little supple/soft which was great.

What are your observations compared to your other RW moc toes if you do not mind sharing?
I fully agree with your observation.
I was actually going to buy the Moc 8833 Hawthorne Abilene, but since I've had my eye on the 8138 for a while, I wanted to at least try it on.
And then they were clearly softer than the others and since I didn't have any brown Moc Toe yet, I changed my mind without further ado. I also think the colour is great because it goes with a lot of things.
However, my 875s are already soft and in fact I hardly notice any difference when wearing my three pairs.
I just like the Moc Toes. Bad for the Iron Rangers. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko