Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

doug5551

New in Town
Great choice! My Flat Heads are natural cxl. They will patina beautifully. Glad they fit!
Thank you for your comment and I appreciate your post.

I know your posts and saw your most excellent Flat Heads while doing my research.

Flat Head was on my list of interest but these Wesco Mr. Lou's seem pretty high quality and well made and were about 1/3 the cost of the Flat Head cxl.

I am REALLY going to try to stick with what I have because I don't want anymore boots to dilute the time I can wear what I already have.

Thanks again!!!

doug5551

New in Town
I never found engineers with a tight enough instep for me.
Thanks.

I believe I have naturally kind of flat feet and my research said Wesco has very low arch support compared to competitors and the fit/arch/instep on these are perfect for me.

I never would have bought them without the ability to return them but I am so very happy they fit well and I don't have to!!

cbez

One Too Many
I really wanted to make engineers work, but I just prefer the feeling of tightly laced boots. Even with beautiful well fitting engineers I couldn't shake the feeling I was wearing uggs.

doug5551

New in Town
I really wanted to make engineers work, but I just prefer the feeling of tightly laced boots. Even with beautiful well fitting engineers I couldn't shake the feeling I was wearing uggs.
Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it.

I didn't know what to expect when I got these. As I said, I was prepared to return them.

These are perfectly comfortable and great fit for me.

A friend described Wesco Engineer Boots as like Cowboy Boots on steroids and for me, that is a perfect description. These are extremely well built, very substantial and fit close to my leg at the top. So not floppy, oversized, loose or problems with heel rise.

I have several pair of lace up Boots from Red Wing and Allan Edmonds and I like them, too. They fit maybe a tad tighter and maybe a tiny bit like they are gloves, while the Engineer Boots are a teenie tiny bit like mittens but for me very slight difference. Plus since I absolutely love the fit of my Cowboy Boots, these are a natural for me, and I'm glad I discovered them!!

Psant25

One Too Many
Stumbled on Jadd desert boots. The quality and construction look good for the price. Anyone have a pair can speak to how they are? Have clarks and astorflex. I Was also looking at todd snyders desert boot and j crews whoever makes theirs as well.

https://jadd.shoes/collections/desert-boots
IMG_1707.jpeg
IMG_1708.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thank you for your comment and I appreciate your post.

I know your posts and saw your most excellent Flat Heads while doing my research.

Flat Head was on my list of interest but these Wesco Mr. Lou's seem pretty high quality and well made and were about 1/3 the cost of the Flat Head cxl.

I am REALLY going to try to stick with what I have because I don't want anymore boots to dilute the time I can wear what I already have.

Thanks again!!!

Glad, you like them. Some years ago I felt the need to try Engineers as well and also went with Mr. Lou’s. Can’t get a better „first“ pair!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Have you tried John Lofgrens? Love the looks, but the insteps so narrow I can’t get them on unless I oversize grotesquely.
Yep, 2 pair. Had to put in insoles and tongue pads at the instep.
So far the only pull on boots that work for me are Lucchese and Ariat which is not entirely bad company to be in.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Yep, 2 pair. Had to put in insoles and tongue pads at the instep.
So far the only pull on boots that work for me are Lucchese and Ariat which is not entirely bad company to be in.

Shame!

I was realy, really trying to get a pair of natural engineers from JL. Thought the price was pretty much ok, as well, but just couldn’t get them to fit.

Psant25

One Too Many
Ordered these. nice leather should be good for winter. Full leather lining. I Like the 360 welt/stitchdown. I also like the lack of external heel counter and flat toe box. I have had so my PNW boots over the years really enjoying “lighter” boots these days. I Will post pics and give my impressions when they arrive.

IMG_1709.jpeg
IMG_1710.jpeg

doug5551

New in Town
wesco mister lou engineer natural CXL 9.5E

These are my first pair of Engineer Boots. For me, they fit true to size and fit me perfectly.
I can say that i absolutely love these.

Incredibly overbuilt. Like a pair of Cowboy boots on steroids.

Any yet amazingly comfortable. I have been wearing them around the house like slippers, which is quite an unbelievable accomplishment for something so tough, overbuilt and heavy duty.

With my Schott 519 Perfecto with similar color.
20231112_155034.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy