Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

moktabe

One of the Regulars
After what seems a silly length of time trying to find a pair of pull on boots that I like, and what'd fit as I have a high instep, I've decided to go for another pair of these....Trickers Burford boot.

Currently have a tan pair and a black pair with leather soles however, not a fan of leather soles when the weather is wet so getting another pair which will have Commando soles fitted....perfect for crappy Winter weather. Trickers used to offer a Commando sole on them but now only offer leather or danite.

So with being fortunate enough to have a good mate who has a leather goods shop and also does high end shoe repairs I can get them at cost! I wouldn't have bothered if I'd had to pay full retail for them.

4A6D982B-EC63-40AC-9806-73EECEAE1414.jpeg

hungapotamus

New in Town
If anyone is interested in the Moto(r) dress engineers in horsebutt they just got released again. Releases are limited so not sure when the next one is when this sells out.

Re: sizing I took it at a whole size down from brannock so for my 10D/E feet I took a 9 which works for me. If you have a particularly high instep or wide feet you might want to go half down only.

https://www.motostyle.jp/products/2...-dress-engineer-boots-イタリアンホースバット-ドレスエンジニアブーツ

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Frye arrived.
10.5 brannock
went 10
length was good
sadly instep too generous
disappointed, they were nice
This sounds similar to my experience with Frye pull-on boots.

"Bench-made" brown leather harness models, look and feel amazing -- till you get them on.

Difficult to walk in, hard to sort fit-wise, I bought & returned 2 pair of these to a local store in Wisconsin. Tried them on extensively in the store, but then took home and tried on carpet and no-go. I so much wanted them to fit. they looked just like these, but in my size...

1706241780296.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy